Which graphical settings have diminishing returns?

TheProphet

There's always that type of setting that barely makes an actual difference unless you are playing "spot the difference while you stand still" yet kills your FPS (latest trend is ray-tracing).

So is there such a thing in 7D2D? Just got a new computer, runs pretty decent, but there's something, I dont know what setting, that kills the FPS a lot. CPU is a 3900x with a 1070. Any suggestions? I would like to get consistent 100fps at least, 1080p.

For instance, what do "world reflections" do? cant spot much of a difference. SS reflections same thing..

The biggest impact I've found is Texture quality. If I put it at full, I can usually run a couple hours and then all of sudden my frame rate plummets. In A17, I would kill reflections and shadows and do the GFX command line trick. On A18, I find Texture quality has to be at half (less on Bloodmoon) in order to be reasonable frame rates. I'm running a RTX 2070 Super OC at 1080p and I only get 100 FPS in some areas. Until it's optimized more, I don't think you're going to get there.

These are the settings I run at: https://i.imgur.com/7dY5Cim.png

There's a lot of settings you can lower or even disable and the impact in visuals is so minor that it doesn't ruin the overall experience at all.

My settings are set up for Ryzen 1600x OC, GTX 1060 6GB OC, 16GB ram OC

Whats the point of using high for reflection quality? i cant spot a difference from low to ultra. I assume reflections is basically HDR?

The biggest impact I've found is Texture quality. If I put it at full, I can usually run a couple hours and then all of sudden my frame rate plummets. In A17, I would kill reflections and shadows and do the GFX command line trick. On A18, I find Texture quality has to be at half (less on Bloodmoon) in order to be reasonable frame rates. I'm running a RTX 2070 Super OC at 1080p and I only get 100 FPS in some areas. Until it's optimized more, I don't think you're going to get there.

Something I've noticed is that my fps would be ♥♥♥♥ed up when I join the server, at like 30 fps, then I switch some setting and apply, and it goes to the normal of 70-100 fps. I've seen also some random stutter sometimes, and I have 32 GB and many cores so I dont get it.

Whats the point of using high for reflection quality? i cant spot a difference from low to ultra. I assume reflections is basically HDR?

Some of it is based on previous versions of the game... so you might be right about reflections. It used to make a big difference as the game looked pretty bad without it. They may have adjusted / fixed it since then. Nothing's changed in my fps since last version, so I just stuck with it.

Archived