"Missing Trader" is actually still there.

SavagE

There seems to be a lot of varying bugs with missing Traders but here is a solution for one of those bugs I encountered. I could enter the shop but there was no trader behind the counter. I restarted and same thing. Out of frustration i hit his counter with my stone axe but i actually got a "blood spatter" from that. So I did little jumps (cramped room) and I could just see the top of his head. He is still behind the counter but either his model has pancaked flat or he is mostly in the ground. Clicking on him during a micro jump still let me trade with him..

Hope it helps.

There seems to be a lot of varying bugs with missing Traders but here is a solution for one of those bugs I encountered. I could enter the shop but there was no trader behind the counter. I restarted and same thing. Out of frustration i hit his counter with my stone axe but i actually got a "blood spatter" from that. So I did little jumps (cramped room) and I could just see the top of his head. He is still behind the counter but either his model has pancaked flat or he is mostly in the ground. Clicking on him during a micro jump still let me trade with him..

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the intel.

The issue of trader sucking by ground is not new to me, it is caused mostly by changes in the nereast terrain. For example, if you dig a role near the trader it can bug him. To avoid any bugs keep your buildings away from the trader as much you can.

I believe the problem is the same as the one I've seen several times in A18. The trader seems to just fall through the floor, and then comes to rest on the ground (terrain). I've seen two Trader Joels fall through his treehouse floor to the ground below right after I "talked" to him (entered his options menu, the one you get to select trade or quests), and found two admin-spawned traders right beside each other on the ground below the room the admin had placed them in (did see them fall through floor, just found them). The other admin-placed traders were still standing on the floor where the other two had fallen through. Regarding the RNG-spawned traders that I actually saw fall through the floor, all I did was hit "E" to interact with them. Before I could select anything in the menu, they just dropped through the floor to the ground below. Admin teleported him back up to where he should have been, but he later fell through the floor again.

Archived