Working as intended? Electric Issue

RantingMonkey

A friend and I play this game a lot and I saw something tonight during the blood moon I've never seen before. I had a generator hooked up to a switch that was hooked up to a relay hooked up to a trap. The generator, switch, relay, and trap were all intact but the connection between the switch and relay got broken during the horde. All i had to do was reconnect them and the trap started working again.

I've played this a lot and have never had a connection broken unless one of the parts broke. Is this a new mechanic? The wire was exposed and there were cop zombies spitting at us. Can they break exposed wiring now with spit? I know we had a small update with no notes a week or so ago, was this a change put in on purpose or did we happen upon a bug.

the exposed wire is not a block that can be destroyed so-to-speak. it can be damaged if the spit/attack hit either connection point. the wire is merely a visual that appears when point A and B are connected.

so if zombies attack point A and or B, the connection can be damaged but not in middle at long distances.

this is also why we can hide wires inside of blocks/ground because the wire itself is not a block.

hope this helps :)

QA Tester-unholyjoe

So the connection can be destroyed (the wire made to disappear) if either end is damaged but not enough to destroy the actual connection block? So the cop spits on the switch, the switch survives just fine, but the wire connection gets damaged and the wire is destroyed?

How much damage does an electrical block need to take (short of the block's own total destruction) before its connections will be broken?

Archived