7 days to load this website.

Mephistopheles

I am an IT professional and manage my own forum as well. I have noticed similar lag/delay to the OP for this particular forum to load, both today and yesterday relatively consistently. There seems to be an issue with DNS from what I can surmise. Maybe a redirect is still linked to the old forum and it's having to resolve?

I've seen some issues too. 1 page (like a forum page) opens fast, then another page (as I'm browsing the forums) loads slow or times out. Other pages to other sites load fast (so it's likely not my internet connection). Can't rule out everything on my side though as I'm too lazy to troubleshoot ;)

Thanks for the feedback but there will be zero work done on this lame duck of a forum. We will be switching platforms soon. Currently it is in testing. The color change was an April Fools joke that lasted half of one day. We apologize for any load times and inconveniences but we ask that you live with them temporarily until we make the switch to something better.

Thanks for the feedback but there will be zero work done on this lame duck of a forum. We will be switching platforms soon. Currently it is in testing. The color change was an April Fools joke that lasted half of one day. We apologize for any load times and inconveniences but we ask that you live with them temporarily until we make the switch to something better.

Just a heads-up, changing forum software won't likely change any networking issues. The tracert I posted shows problems hopping around AWS servers. If you're hosted on Amazon servers, you might want to see if they're having issues with traffic to SW USA or as a whole. I know sometimes certain hosts and DNS providers only show signs of trouble when routing through certain networks like Level 3.

Just a heads-up, changing forum software won't likely change any networking issues. The tracert I posted shows problems hopping around AWS servers. If you're hosted on Amazon servers, you might want to see if they're having issues with traffic to SW USA or as a whole. I know sometimes certain hosts and DNS providers only show signs of trouble when routing through certain networks like Level 3.

Thanks. I'll point Brains to this thread so he can evaluate.

I get essentially the same tracert results however the forums are as fast as ever for me. It sounds like you already know this, but FWIW for others the "Response Timed Out" message in tracert does not necessarily indicate a network issue. Many nodes will not respond to ICMP requests. If the final node doesn't respond tracert just goes into la-la land increasing TTL until it hits the cap (default of 30).

This tool (using TCP SYN) can get the trace: https://traceroute-online.com/tcptraceroute/

You might try F12 in your browser and look at the comms tab. It'll show which resources are taking a long time to respond. Might give a clue. I think the idea of particular regions being slow due to network weirdness is quite reasonable. Everybody be Zooming nowadays.

Edit to add: well that's what I get for taking time to find a TCP SYN tracer online. NINJA'D!

Where are the people having issues with loading times located? Maybe this is a country of origin problem. The Russians have been rerouting a lot of network traffic through their own servers, most notably American traffic due to the lack of DNS safeguards.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/20/04/07/0018229/russian-telco-hijacked-internet-traffic-of-google-aws-cloudflare-and-others

My default link is https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumd...Days-to-Die-PC and has been slow, however once I redirect to https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...-announcements it is normal. Looking forward to the new one though

Bingo! looks like the main website was having some issues, should be back up. While the old url for the forums still re-routes to the new location, that would of caused a major delay.

I get the same thing and I found something else I brought up before and that is a warning from Norton Antivirus reporting something I do not remember so I removed the pop up that Norton gave me every time I loaded the page and now It takes a long while to load on a 40Mbps cable broadband, so you are not alone in that.

Today the page does seem to load faster, so maybe its been fixed.

Archived