Does some doors block sound?

Tahaan

Sometimes I can stand outside a door and headshot the sleepers inside the room, through the door, with the AK, one by one. It seems like the gunshots outside the door does not wake them up inside the room.

At other times this does not work - a gunshot wakes all of them up instantly.

Is there an explanation for this? Does some doors "block sound" but others not?

It's not the door, it's likely the spawn volume itself, or something closely related to it.. shoot inside it, stealth works as it should, shoot from outside and no-one cares.. hospital roof is one example without a door that comes to mind.

This is the first time I hear about something called a Spawn volume. Does it define a border around a group of sleepers?

Does sleepers ever wake up in the floor above or below you? I feel like I have had zeds come down the stairs of a PoI to get me but I'm not sure...

Yeh, it's a box with a number for zombie spawns and associated mechanics, like "how close you have to be to spawn these guys in."

The latter question depends entirely on the volume, if you get close enough, the zeds will spawn and potentially wake up.. with POI design, they try not to make things spawn in too early (as in the upstairs group not coming down), but sometimes/often if you for example jump high enough (table, nerd pole) you may spawn in an "extra" group. Or just leaning to a specific wall may spawn in the next room, even if the POI design would need them to spawn much later (the very start of the shamway factory for example, I often spawn a group in the trap room there, they proceed to beat through a concrete wall to get to me)

The whole sleeper mechanic is messed up. I understand that they wanted to keep the zombies insinde POI´s, but the solution right now is terrible. You can auger a door with a sleeper right behind it and it won´t wake up. Not to mention magically insta respawning sleepers when you are forced to take the fight outside the building. Totally kills the immersion.

Archived