Compopack = Here, have some ready-built bases

Boidster

Compopack has some weird POI´s. Some mess up your quests. And then there is those that have tons of loot and no zombies. And those that have tons of zombies and laughable loot, like the gas station, wich is a tier 2 quest POI; with like 40 zombies and a wall with 5000 HP wich is protecting the courier satchel. It´s nice to have so many new things to discover, but overall it´s unbalanced af.

Look out for the big art gallery. The one that has the giant hand in the backyard. Really awesome work there. Props to whoever made that POI.

We will be keeping a list of the neat ones we find and using only those in our next world. Maybe I'll publish a "Curated Compopack" config xml file.

I will say that seeing the sorts of ideas people came up with has made me want to look more deeply into POI development. There is a very specific place I'd like to model, but my skillz currently are nonexistent.

More power to you. Magoli and TopMinder are the only two in the community who has ever stepped up to the plate to bundle and even modify/update regularly community made POIs for the community to enjoy. A tremendous amount of work. The compopack is more inclusive than exclusive. Also, he does his best to try not to modify a prefab too much in order to retain the creator's vision/design/creativity/style.

Yeah, I completely understand not messing with someone else's art. There is definitely plenty to choose from in there, and lots to play around with. I will use many of those POIs to learn techniques for getting a certain look, or a certain survivor experience when going through a POI.

Archived