Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial Hotfix!

Hi all,
    As you know, Alpha 10 has a couple of not-so-nice bugs, so I delved into the xml files to see what I could do while we wait for the official update.

fixed: concrete can now be dried manually with any repair tool
    fixed: infinite buffs (broken leg, antibiotics etc) have been converted to real time (1 ingame day = 1 real hour) and now work as they are supposed to
    fixed: some people (mostly girls) complained about their nakedness, so I've added some clothing recipes (jeans, jackets etc). You can craft cloth from old couches.

Added: recepies for chainsaw, auger, sniper rifle parts, m136 (rockets require a tv for electronics, shouldn't be too OP), beaker, shinier window (which uses actual glass panes), mines using trash cans, metal trapspikes (these require more work, because they aren't as strong as I'd hoped), cigar. of course if you don't like any of these, you can easily remove them!

also added that you can pick up spikes and trunk tips, because it is so easy to misplace them.

installing: unpack the attached zip file. copy buffs.xml for the buffs fix, blocks.xml for the concrete fix and recipes.xml for more recipes (if you like that). it's best to keep a backup of the old files.

please let me know if you notice anything weird.

Have fun surviving
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jumboman; 11-24-2014, 04:00 PM.

Originally posted by Jumboman View Post
    Hi all,
    As you know, Alpha 10 has a couple of not-so-nice bugs, so I delved into the xml files to see what I could do while we wait for the official update.

fixed: concrete can now be dried manually with any repair tool
    fixed: infinite buffs (broken leg, antibiotics etc) have been converted to real time (1 ingame day = 1 real hour) and now work as they are supposed to
    fixed: some people (mostly girls) complained about their nakedness, so I've added some clothing recipes (jeans, jackets etc). You can craft cloth from old couches.

Added: recepies for chainsaw, auger, sniper rifle parts, m136 (rockets require a tv for electronics, shouldn't be too OP), beaker, shinier window (which uses actual glass panes), mines using trash cans, metal trapspikes (these require more work, because they aren't as strong as I'd hoped), cigar. of course if you don't like any of these, you can easily remove them!

also added that you can pick up spikes and trunk tips, because it is so easy to misplace them.

installing: unpack the attached zip file. copy buffs.xml for the buffs fix, blocks.xml for the concrete fix and recipes.xml for more recipes (if you like that). it's best to keep a backup of the old files.

please let me know if you notice anything weird.

Have fun surviving
    Well done!

Can you fix it so torches don't' 1-2 shot people in full armor as well That would be swell

Comment

If I have this and host an MP map, do the joining players have to get this also?

Comment

Not so much a hotfix as a mod...

Comment

The custom recipes are not showing in the game do you guys know why?

Comment

Originally posted by modi View Post
            Not so much a hotfix as a mod...
            Agreed. Thanks for the effort though. A real hotfix from TFP is right around the corner. I wouldn't recommend toying too much with the files until after the official hotfix.

Comment

To me, the difference between patch and mod is in the word "official". However I'll admit the term "workaround" might have been better. Still, this "fixes" 2 widely discussed bugs, and a mod usually doesn't fix anything, only add stuff.
              Anyway, take it or leave it. I'm enjoying my concrete bunker, how are you enjoying your wooden shack?

Comment

This will not work on a server with anti cheat so its useless for anything but single player...any modifications to ini get blocked by EAC but good job if it works for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Nabobb View Post
                  This will not work on a server with anti cheat so its useless for anything but single player...any modifications to ini get blocked by EAC but good job if it works for ya
                  It works if a server hosts these files.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Ran into an issue loading all 3 files on a dedicated Win 7 hosted server.

Server hangs at about 350mb of memory usage (exe) the telnet console responds to password, but won't take commands (hung)

Copied in just the change to concrete blocks in blocks.xml (fix from Steam forum linked to here)
                      Put in changed buffs.xml from ZIP file
                      Copied in Auger, Chainsaw, Denim Clothes from in recipes.xml (mine has some custom tweaks I like already in place)

Back to working a-ok... I would double check the blocks.xml in the zip file since mine works with the adjusted concrete block (BTW need one for ramps too) but not with that one.

Running:
                      VM Hosted Win 7 Ultimate x64
                      7DTD A10 Dedicated - Random Gen world

Comment

I would recommend against the use of this simply because I only added the blocks.xml file and my server crashed. I had to completely stop the server and then install the default blocks.xml file. Thank god I made a backup because if it wasn't for that I'd have a lot of pissed off people on my server.

Comment

New 10.1 patch seems to fix a whole lot of whats in this thread....

Comment

i just want the normal concrete block back not a whole mod.

Comment

except returning the basic concrete block. I can understand the new one as an optional upgrade but the old one was fine leave it alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X