A12 - Day-Night Cycle is Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xamllew View Post
    Is this what noon looks like for anyone else? I can't see hardly anything for 21 hours of the day.

Seems like the new skyboxes could be a few notches brighter.
    You have very stormy weather.

Comment

Can you guys post serverconfig.xml (remove passwords)?
      Where are your servers hosted?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tough.Resolve View Post
        Are Zeds running during these pseudo nights? Midnight is when the 18 hour night is meant to start.

Personally I hope everyone reporting issues is double-checking their settings and using a timer. A huge change like this (3pm being the middle of usable time) and watching night tick much slower (sat idle instead of mining during night) can result in many perceived issues that simply aren't actually happening.

If it is an issue, the aforementioned steps will help TFP track down the issue as well. People need to post exact timings instead of how it "seems".
        I always play classic zombie style, no running. So I can't provide feedback on that.

I not only double checked, but also created a new world to test. One with 40 min day, another with 50 min day, both the same problem. From 00:00:01 to 23:59:59 takes about 5 min in real life, instead of the 50 or 40 I set up.

For me "night time" was set to begin at 20:00(18 hours of daylight), regardless of night duration, the whole day goes too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by e-Zee View Post
          Can you guys post serverconfig.xml (remove passwords)?
          Where are your servers hosted?
          Thanks!
          Mine is an SP game, I can share the world or take a screenshot of setting if Madmole requests.

Originally posted by madmole View Post
          You have very stormy weather.
          Go enjoy 4th July... out of here... now!

And yeah... I also noticed that both saves I created when I'm loading them, I hear a lightning, then the sky starts as if a storm was coming, 10 seconds later, clear skies.

Comment

Originally posted by LFCavalcanti View Post
            For me "night time" was set to begin at 20:00(18 hours of daylight), regardless of night duration, the whole day goes too fast.

18hrs of daylight means DLL = 18?
            But 6:00 (sunrise) + 18 = 24 (sunset).
            so how do you make sunset to be at 20:00?

Comment

Originally posted by LFCavalcanti View Post
              I always play classic zombie style, no running. So I can't provide feedback on that.

I not only double checked, but also created a new world to test. One with 40 min day, another with 50 min day, both the same problem. From 00:00:01 to 23:59:59 takes about 5 min in real life, instead of the 50 or 40 I set up.

I think we're at cross purposes here then. When I (and most others, I assume) speak about night, we're referring to the period of time that zeds run, not whether there is daylight or not.

5 minutes for the 24 hours to pass sounds ridiculous. If this happened to me I'd reinstall the game to ensure nothing has gone awry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tough.Resolve View Post
                5 minutes for the 24 hours to pass sounds ridiculous. If this happened to me I'd reinstall the game to ensure nothing has gone awry.
                Already checked Game Cache, this doesn't seems to be a problem with files, more a bug on functions in the code. Some buddies reported similar problems, people here reported similar problems.

You might not be getting these weird day duration, but we are... sadly.

Alpha 12 is amazing aside from that, we have some tweaks, like Bear spawning and Tree Death.

Comment

Same problem here, day goes way faster than night and I barely have any sunlight during a day. I have it set at 60 mins night at 20% so I get 20% day and the rest is night.

Comment

I'm am also having issues with the Day/Night cycle. Thought of requesting the 240 minute Day Duration to be re-implemented...but it seems that maybe this is just a bug that needs to be fixed...hopefully Missing those longer days!

Comment

Originally posted by Xamllew View Post
                      Is this what noon looks like for anyone else? I can't see hardly anything for 21 hours of the day.

Seems like the new skyboxes could be a few notches brighter.
                      Yes, except mine is even *worse* than that....and it's not just a default skybox being dark, there is a HUGE difference in brightness+color of the plains biome skybox on the ded server I play on, versus a SP game I made.

Please fix!

Comment

Nights that are too long, despite setting the daytime hours to a full 18, make this game *sobs* unplayable for me as well (and I have been playing this game from very early on, religiously, ... mind you).

Comment

I also feel the night ... or, darkness is too long.

Comment

It's interesting, though basically off-topic, that so many of you mention that this game is finally making better use of a contemporary system's RAM. I've been begging for this for a long time and haven't even noticed that they're finally using more RAM. All I noticed is that the performance is awesome in Alpha 12. The game runs very smooth. I usually have close to 100 fps, it only drops to about 60 fps at times, but that's still perfectly fine since I'm on a flatscreen, so I don't see more than 60 fps anyway.

If you're running on older systems with low RAM, I would think that you could still decrease the RAM usage by simply lowering the video settings. Never forget that normal and high settings are usually for contemporary or current high-end state-of-the-art systems only. For older systems, minimum settings are the way to go. Just play around a bit with the settings, maybe start with the lowest settings and see how the game performs for you. Then try increasing the graphic quality step by step and see how that affects your fps and general game performance. You can actually try those epic long nights to do these tests. It's what I did when I tried to figure out which one of the zillion AA settings I should use...

Comment

I can confirm the zombie on single player start running around midnight and stop around 6am when set to 18 hour days. However without a mining helmet or flashlight attachment you are just running in the dark. It takes a while to get used to going out at 20:00 and seeing them walking around, but it does add a new sense of dread to the game. You can't rely on the sun for a reminder. you must watch the time.

Comment

I'll take your 3GB and raise it by a 2

Was wondering why by game became laggy today after a while (possibly an hour, hour and a half of play time), and then remembered how there used to be this memory leak... checked task manager, and tadaa, 5,2GB out of my 8GB RAM used by 7dtd alone. xD

ETA
                                95% of the time I have had no issues with a12 eating memory like crazy, it seem totally random. Can run the game full settings no probs and experience no lag or other anomalies.

Comment

Working...
                                X