Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A12 - Day-Night Cycle is Broken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A12 - Day-Night Cycle is Broken

    Hi!

    Just to make it clear... I'm not complaining about the balance between night and day ingame.

    The settings for Day duration(the whole day) are not being applied in game. If you set 50min. day duration, from 00:00:01 to 23:59:59 you should experience 50 minutes in real life.

    Doesn't matter if I set 50 or 20, the day have the same duration.

    Please fix this ASAP.

    #2
    Originally posted by LFCavalcanti View Post
    Hi!

    Just to make it clear... I'm not complaining about the balance between night and day ingame.

    The settings for Day duration(the whole day) are not being applied in game. If you set 50min. day duration, from 00:00:01 to 23:59:59 you should experience 50 minutes in real life.

    Doesn't matter if I set 50 or 20, the day have the same duration.

    Please fix this ASAP.
    IT's totally borked and backwards. Setting has no effect in game and at least 75% nighttime always. This is on dedicated server, not sure about single player.

    Comment


      #3
      i played for four days and did not see the sun

      Comment


        #4
        On our server night seems to last longer than day, despite the server settings to the opposite.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Msweeney23 View Post
          IT's totally borked and backwards. Setting has no effect in game and at least 75% nighttime always. This is on dedicated server, not sure about single player.
          I can concur the day night stuff is fubarred. It's really annoying as well, makes me not want to play now. I just started up a game and played by myself.
          Last edited by ChickenWings; 07-04-2015, 03:36 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ChickenWings View Post
            I can concur the day night stuff is fubarred. It's really annoying as well, makes me not want to play now. I just started up a game and played by myself.
            Does it work OK in SP?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Msweeney23 View Post
              Does it work OK in SP?
              I've been testing in SP and encountered no issues with the day/night cycle.

              Comment


                #8
                Since day 5, the sky is dark and i cant see the sun, and im on day 12 now. D:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Chaosocks View Post
                  I've been testing in SP and encountered no issues with the day/night cycle.
                  I'm playing in SP and the nights are taking just as long as the days despite being set to be shorter (supposedly). Oh well, gives me time to browse the forums. I'll probably be eaten by bears...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Broken in single player for me.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      the day goes very fast, the night is more time consuming (MP server [me + 2 friends])

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Is this what noon looks like for anyone else? I can't see hardly anything for 21 hours of the day.

                        Seems like the new skyboxes could be a few notches brighter.
                        Last edited by Xamllew; 07-04-2015, 04:43 AM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by polimerjones View Post
                          i played for four days and did not see the sun
                          wahaha i feel you brah.
                          i played for day1 to day3 and still raining. fix the weather please. and the game is so dark idk why. even in noon. its not bright.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            That's weird how it's working for some people and not for others...
                            Nights didn't even seem that long for me, it was dark when I first spawned but it was like, 6 am, it got light within an hour or two. The sky behaved normally throughout the day and night.

                            This is on 1 hour days BTW

                            I have not played a LOT yet, so maybe I just haven't played A12 long enough yet.. xD

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Msweeney23 View Post
                              Broken in single player for me.
                              Actually I thought I made a SP game but apparently it defaults to MP. So its broken in MP as is dedicated server.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X