Pets?

Infected226

Brainstorming here but I need the type of bond that will smith and the German shepherd had in I am Legend. Maybe to start you get to pick either a chicken or a rabbit as your first pet, they follow you and maybe give u a buff or hit for very minimal damage. Killing zeds, feeding your pet, and playing with your pet increases its level. At a certain level u can trade it in for either a pig or a stag that gives more of a buff or does a little more damage, next a wolf or a dog, and then next either a dire wolf or a bear.

A20 Perhaps? All i know is i want some pets!

I think the bond between pets and players would have to be so strong, that they follow the very path the players take.

Otherwise they will be walking all over the anti zombie defences like the wild animals try to do.

I do also wonder how pets will work.

Take dogs for example, great for early warning. Perhaps a low growl when zombies are near, but barking would surely attract more zombies and would the dog go in for a melee attack? potential like in I Am Legend for the dog to contract the virus.

Come on. If you treat it as a "pet", you don't trade it with something else.

You only trade a tool.

A better mechanism maybe you train it to become better at fighting.

BTW I think you can have pet in starvation mod already.

It's already confirmed to be coming later. Tame able wolves and possibly horses to start.

if horses ever come I'd love to be able to hook 2 horses to a cart or a broken down car and use it as storage xD maybe loud storage but it would help long trips :D

• 4 weeks later...
I am thinking more that, if anyone, we need Ed.

<-- Ed

- - - Updated - - -

Brainstorming here but I need the type of bond that will smith and the German shepherd had in I am Legend. Maybe to start you get to pick either a chicken or a rabbit as your first pet, they follow you and maybe give u a buff or hit for very minimal damage. Killing zeds, feeding your pet, and playing with your pet increases its level. At a certain level u can trade it in for either a pig or a stag that gives more of a buff or does a little more damage, next a wolf or a dog, and then next either a dire wolf or a bear.

A20 Perhaps? All i know is i want some pets!

MM has said he's thinking of adding wolf pets in the future, possible bear

• 1 year later...
how about a zombie that just moans "Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace..."

Name it Markiplier and you got a space hungry zombie ;)

It would be fun to have various types of pets, surely not only for defense, but also additional stuff like carrying more load or fetching items that fall to the ground (or bags), scouting for enemies, triggering sleeper spawns silently, etc.

Archived