181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

Release dates are not given but people always ask anyways. So we have found a nice little pasture here where we can send all those posts to live in peace.

Here are the results of the poll so you have proof of bragging rights if you turn out to have called it.

eGgZzRR.png

I am confused. Doesn't the hype train only come when there is an imminent new release, not when the discussion thread comes out.

People can, and will, board the hype train as soon as the new dev diary starts. I've got my seat picked out already.

It doesn't take long to prepare the hype train for a new ride, once you get the drool off the windows 90% of the work is done. :-)

Gardens

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

Madmole, when will the gardens be addressed. Since they are very broken, I'm tired of having to baby sit the users on the server I admin to make sure they don't build a plot bigger then 12x15 or the whole world lags out when they start to harvest for about 30-40 secs and then rewinds time.. it's a royal pain in the ass.

I heard a rumor that A17's release will coincide with a major American holiday. Gazz was drunk and complaining about "those damn Americans always thinking the world revolves around them."

A17 - 10/31?

10.31.2017 cant be, on earth we have only 12 Month ^^

(hope all know what ^^ means)

Finally the date doesnt matter, it changes not the time they need to make content. Earlyer means only less content

Aight, A17 finally arrives, where's the space-time continuum warp rift, where's Malthis, where's muh blankie?! :c

When it's finished... A 17 isn't out. Don't you understand how complicated closed timelike curves work? We have yet to violate causality or break space time. In fact, plurality of worlds is still on the table, things are definitely different this time around.

Hold your horses dude, our worldline hasn't come to a close.

Just here checkin' if the Kraken was released.

Nothin'? Seriously?!?!

LONGEST WAIT EVER!!!!!

But no seriously kinda super stoked for MM youtube vids. Call me crazy but I digs em :D

Yeah, and since they decided to be a bit tight lipped and wait before putting out any info, there is now a hype train for the first piece of A 17 action ;)

Archived