When did you start playing?

Cazmyr

Thank you @Roland and @Faatal for all of the updates!

I look forward to A17, but am happy to wait until you all deem it as ready. Been playing A16.4 Vanilla on Nav to get refamiliar with it and then will play A17e the same way to. Thinking that is the best way to see the changes.

I will play with 2 hour day (to maximize the ability to experience the changes)

I also turn loot respawn off (I can not wrap my head around an answer to 'Who replaces the loot?")

Question for the members: When did you purchase 7 Days?

Just a bit of fun to see how long people have been playing this awesome and one of a kind game.

I purchased in Feb. of '14

I look forward to A17, but am happy to wait until you all deem it as ready. Been playing A16.4 Vanilla on Nav to get refamiliar with it and then will play A17e the same way to.

Just a bit of fun to see how long people have been playing this awesome and one of a kind game.

january 2018 and around 800 hours. awesome game. i still have a lot to try out and experiment.

I look forward to A17, but am happy to wait until you all deem it as ready. Been playing A16.4 Vanilla on Nav to get refamiliar with it and then will play A17e the same way to. Thinking that is the best way to see the changes.

I also turn loot respawn off (I can not wrap my head around an answer to 'Who replaces the loot?")

Jan 2017, a mere 680 hours. Not my most played game on steam but definitely the most played since then.

Oct 11, 2014

3170 hours recorded by Steam, but I've probably got another thousand easy from before Steam tracked offline/local.

Maybe it makes me a cop-out player, but I always explain it to myself that I find new things when I go back through a POI. Much like we often see new things each time we view an image, I imagine we'd never find EVERYTHING available to us in an apocalyptic setting on the first go-round. So I imagine it as me finding NEW things that were already "there," but my character missed it or somesuch.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but when I play with respawn on default, it makes a bit of sense, at least, and doesn't kill my immersion.

And I honestly can't remember when I bought the game. Either 2013 or 2014...when it still looked like blocks on blocks on blocks with regard to the terrain.

snip

I always explain it to myself that I find new things when I go back through a POI. Much like we often see new things each time we view an image, I imagine we'd never find EVERYTHING available to us in an apocalyptic setting on the first go-round.

That is a good way of looking at it. Totally reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

If you buy something in the supermarket, does this not re-spawn after a while in your area?

Not without an entire network of people producing the item, packaging it and shipping it to the store where a person puts it on the shelf.

Respawning loot? Why... Didn't you know? Zombies are also pack rats. They even collect poop and guns and hide them in the same place.

Zombie science is still new... We're learning more and more about this mysterious creature every day!

What I find most interesting is they're ability to sort the things they find into proper boxes and containers. Clever little critters...

Respawning loot? Why... Didn't you know? Zombies are also pack rats. They even collect poop and guns and hide them in the same place.

Zombie science is still new... We're learning more and more about this mysterious creature every day!

What I find most interesting is they're ability to sort the things they find into proper boxes and containers. Clever little critters...

Little? Have you seen a 'Big Mama' or a Cop or a Biker? Little is not a word I would use :)

September 2016. 3800 steam hours. Prolly another 1000 offline. 1500 of those prolly in major mods.

Excellent use of "prolly" ;)

I used to be a 'light' word/spelling/grammar nazi. Have learned a 'little' more tolerance. (Was always mindful of non-English speakers.). Still, I do have a couple pet peeves (mostly for nazis), 'literally' being one of them. The other is 'irregardless'. So I created (neoglism) 'misirredisregardlessly' to one-up-man 'irregardless' users. I also created a word to represent the 'art' of using literal one-up-man-ship-words: antimisirredisregardlesslyism.

:smile-new:

I got into it in Oct 2014. At the time I bought 5 games. 7D2D is the only one of them I've played!

3500+ hours of SP play so far, yet I still haven't wired a single electrical component so far (I lose interest once I've got all the books / perks / skills maxed, and will restart, plus I play Dead Is Dead style, which is why I gripe so much about dog packs, bears and wolfl packs).

Archived