Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Availability

Hey all,
    Been a long time lurker here & on steam.
    I don't own the game at present, by choice I might add. I would like to contribute & buy the game as do about 4 other mates. But after reading the old forums, steam forums & googling there has been an alarming amount of incidents where people dont receive their key. To me & my mates that's whats stopping us from buying. Yes I could pay via paypal & if I wasn't to receive my key after following the directions set down then I always have the option of complaining to paypal.
    But that would create a lot of unnecessary work for a lot of people & anguish for me.

Now if you check on steam community forum there is a thread asking when 7D2D will be available for purchase on steam. It goes on & on with many people asking the same question (Cant actual give you an accurate amount as steam is very slow atm)

So I was wondering if anyone was in the know or if one of the devs/mods could elaborate on a possible date that we can buy it....safely & securely...off steam ??

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not accusing TFP of deceiving anyone but I have read of the issues that they had with purchases....I just dont need the hassles atm.

Cheers

I would also like to know this. I want to buy this game so badly and alot of my friends on steam do after i showed them to. I only buy games on steam mostly, rarely do i buy somewhere else. I know alpha 2 is coming out soon and i hope that is when it makes it to steam.

On another note tried a copy of the game to make sure i wanted to buy it ( not always proud of it but its like a demo for me cause i always back games i love, i have 150+ games on steam for example ). Anyways i have 2 monitors and i have a huge issue when in full or windowed mode that my mouse goes off screen so when i click to do something in game i click on something in back ground. Also i hope borderless window mode is added.

Comment

So far there isn't any precise date planned to have it on Steam.

It would be great *if* we can get it on Steam before 2013 is over, however there is no estimate and it would depend on how it fits into the development cycle. We need to keep focused on building the game and keep game development a top priority.

I'm an avid Steam user myself, so I can understand the convenience of Steam and wanting to see it on there.

Comment

If we where to buy on the website here , would we get a steam key when it came out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lead View Post

It would be great *if* we can get it on Steam before 2013 is over, however there is no estimate and it would depend on how it fits into the development cycle. We need to keep focused on building the game and keep game development a top priority.

I'm an avid Steam user myself, so I can understand the convenience of Steam and wanting to see it on there.
          Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate the effort. And its fully understandable. Just so you know that there is plenty of revenue available from eager buyers dying to spend their money....like me.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by cminion718 View Post
            If we where to buy on the website here , would we get a steam key when it came out?
            As far as we've been informed, yes we should be able to receive Steam keys to give to existing buyers once we are on Steam.

Comment

Would it be a case of linking accounts here to steam? or just steam keys for us to download direct to steam?

Comment

from what ive seen from other games like kerbal, primal carnage, they just give you a steam key, you go to activate and it puts it in. I love supporting indie games because all the Triple a titles are the same thing anymore lol. indie games are doing what big company's did back in the 90s with pc games. Now triple a games like battlefield ( was great till after games after battlefield 2, 2142 was fun, but after that they went downhill big time ) , cod, and etc. its just the same assests , touched up graphics, a few new features , new maps, same game. consoles killed pc gaming for awhile but its catching back up, the pc market seems to be getting very big the last 2 years especially.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkie View Post
                  Hey all,
                  Been a long time lurker here & on steam.
                  I don't own the game at present, by choice I might add. I would like to contribute & buy the game as do about 4 other mates. But after reading the old forums, steam forums & googling there has been an alarming amount of incidents where people dont receive their key. To me & my mates that's whats stopping us from buying. Yes I could pay via paypal & if I wasn't to receive my key after following the directions set down then I always have the option of complaining to paypal.
                  But that would create a lot of unnecessary work for a lot of people & anguish for me.

Now if you check on steam community forum there is a thread asking when 7D2D will be available for purchase on steam. It goes on & on with many people asking the same question (Cant actual give you an accurate amount as steam is very slow atm)

So I was wondering if anyone was in the know or if one of the devs/mods could elaborate on a possible date that we can buy it....safely & securely...off steam ??

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not accusing TFP of deceiving anyone but I have read of the issues that they had with purchases....I just dont need the hassles atm.

Cheers
                  I dont know if this helps but i have (and my friends ) just bought 4 copies no issues at all i cannot comment for anyone else but from what i have read most of the key issues happend in the first massive rush and it seems to have settled down now. if it helps i used paypal

Comment

yeah i've had the same experience i bought it when the forums were down so no registering which had me all worried cause i was reading on the forums about the game when it was downloading and heard about people having issues with their keys... mine arrived before it was done downloading.. so no problems there... the couple of posts i saw from before on the old forums seems to be written by idiots so im not sure how valid that is as a complaing ( the couple i remember reading about hadn't even tried to talk to the help side of it , others had to wait a day or two when the y ordered it..... so i don't know what to say but the game is worth it , i can't wait for stea m jutst because thats where all my other games are... but yeah don't worry about it messing up cause it wokrs..

Comment

I'm sure the developers are working very hard to meet deadlines for this game. It is, as alpha testers, our responsibility to inform them of specific issues and bugs so that they can work on them as quickly as possible. Complaints don't get things done. Remember, this is alpha. When you purchase an alpha product, you agree to accept the bugs and performance issues that accompany such a purchase. We are TESTERS!

I'm guessing the developers want their game to be somewhat complete with all the balanced game mechanics working well before they release this on Steam. We don't want to see another DayZ fiasco with this game. I think, in my opinion, they should wait till at least the beta phase to release it on Steam. It works well the way it is now.

I too have over 140 games on Steam and I like to purchase only on Steam. But I decided to buy into this alpha based on the many videos and gameplays I saw. I knew the game wasn't near completion, so my expectations weren't that high. To be honest, the game plays like a beta already. Because they still call this Alpha makes me believe that they want it to be PERFECT before they release it. I appreciate this kind of development and I accept any bad gaming experiences I may encounter while testing it. I only hope those that are playing it now realize what part they play in the development of this game. It will be awesome. I have no doubts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Makor View Post
                        I dont know if this helps but i have (and my friends ) just bought 4 copies no issues at all i cannot comment for anyone else but from what i have read most of the key issues happend in the first massive rush and it seems to have settled down now. if it helps i used paypal
                        I bought myself and my brother copies recently using paypal and had no issues.

I kind of doubt people that do have issues are permanently screwed and it's not like they're going to return and respond to their own thread to say the issue was resolved when they're in the game playing. :P

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys....I ended up biting the bullet last night & bought it.
                          Everything went through in the matter of a minute....I got a message saying my key may take 24 hours to arrive...I started getting nervous, but at the same moment I got it in my email box.
                          Downloaded, registered, playing......big thumbs up TFP!! You guys can go a long way with this game if you do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead View Post

will we be able to carry over the key to steam?

Comment

Working...
                            X