No Treehouses in a17!? Treehouse building has been removed from the game?

OldManBrian

It will be interesting to see what type of a base will have the ability to survive with the release of A17.

With the underground and tree house style bases being easily destroyed in A17 then it's going to hurt when I see my base and items destroyed especially when I put a lot of thought and time.

I know when I watched one of Madmole videos he was on day 27 and an above ground base, so my question is how did he make it survive for so long?

If zombies can destroy trees, and trees would allow blocks to be attached to them (to build a tree house), the whole thing would require a special treatment in the structural integrity calculation when a tree gets destroyed.

It was probably easier to avoid those fringe cases.

Next to all the problems with the trees collision model, wich would be held back by offering block support...

If zombies can destroy trees, and trees would allow blocks to be attached to them (to build a tree house), the whole thing would require a special treatment in the structural integrity calculation when a tree gets destroyed.

It was probably easier to avoid those fringe cases.

Next to all the problems with the trees collision model, wich would be held back by offering block support...

as far as I saw in streams/clips, you can't place block to trees anymore in A17 = problem solved.

as far as I saw in streams/clips, you can't place block to trees anymore in A17 = problem solved.

you can however build up and around the tree and then get rid of the support blocks that were for starting... thus a tree house and yes, when zombie decides to evict you.... you will come down out of it.

i had a short video at one time... maybe i can do another to show the simple tree stand and how or what the zombie(s) will do.

here ya go folks i will show how safe you are in a tree

also i hope this gives yo all of new ideas.. i am curious to see what you come up with.

You can't build additional pylons... *cough* ...pillars or they get destroyed just like the tree.

You can't simply have a high up spot on top of sturdy blocks, because not only Zs reach is high, they also jump up.

You can't dig a bit underground to shoot from below, because they will dig down or down and from the sides.

You can't build on top of water, but if you want you could simply hover on the surface of deep water and shoot from below. Still, they could jump on top of each others and perhaps try hitting you.

And the most important, you cannot defend on the desert without suitable guns... The vultures will get you fast...

I will still try my defence platform (on 4 sturdy pillars) with spikes below and see how that fares at the beginning. Later on i will build a maze and try a big fort.

Archived