Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Roland

After multiple trials I figured out that biome generation is currently hardcoded. I modified rwgmixer.xml, made changes in biome_generators, biome_intensity_generators and biome_spawn_rules. Using the same seed the result is always the same (I restared the game after each change in rwgmixer.xml to make sure the game will read the file). On the other hand changing terrain_generator changes the terrain - so that part is working fine.

Does anyone have any seed with skyscrapers? I cant seem to find any large cities in A17, only small towns. Have large cities been removed?

I haven't seen anything like that, no. Largest building i've seen so far was the hotel.

Also, lucky, i haven't seen anything with notable wasteland. Even at coords 0, 0 there isn't anything really of note. Found a nice town, but nothing even close to wasteland.

Ran a few, grabbed some screenshots.

1654169041_7DaysToDie11_21_20184_36_23AM.jpg.88445d9365fb58e99fc822499bc73085.jpg

map seed "dexterra"

898012326_7DaysToDie11_21_20184_46_16AM.jpg.c072dd23a313c784a0fd65043dd07bb6.jpg

map seed "Astora"

12709863_7DaysToDie11_21_20184_53_16AM.jpg.3acbbc7defe1bfd2901a030bf726521c.jpg

map seed "The High Wall of Lothric"

Honestly, after seeing the Lothric one, i was too tempted to play it, so...i'll be there for a few. No desert biome at all, it seems.

Seriously though, the controls for the preview functions are completely in need of some work. <_<

Does anyone have any seed with skyscrapers? I cant seem to find any large cities in A17, only small towns. Have large cities been removed?

So I'm not the only one looking for seed with cities that have those skyscrapers and I've been 10 and nothing.

If someone got a seed that had them, let name pass.

Can anyone explain the difference between the -worldgenseed and the -gamename parameters as they pertain to RWG generation? The notations in my serverconfig.xml file seem to conflict. Both reference being a map seed.

On a related topic, my hosted server has a starting command line that overrides several of my serverconfig.xml settings anyway, which confused me for awhile. (My wife tells me I'm easily confused. :smile-new:)

So far have only tried 2 seeds that were pretty good in 16, mapmapmap and gammamamma.

Also, when generating the maps, my PC seemed to get stuck in the same place,

GENERATING COUNTRY ROADS

Which of course meant that I had to sing the song while waiting. :)

Yea that song makes me mad/sad/disappointing now because of how it is associated with that mess FO76

Archived