This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Please share your favorite seeds for A17.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 03-31-2019, 02:51 AM.

EverQuest

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
      Please share your favorite seeds for A17.
      Roland, you played the most. What is your favorite seed? (And why)

Comment

I suggest to post pre-generated world with seed.
        Downloading it is quite faster than generate.

Comment

my pc keeps melting when i try to preview large maps.

Comment

dalinar very much forestbiom/burned forest and only small pieces of snow biome on lefttop and desert biom at bottom edge. One city took 8minutes to be generated, 8times more than normal. so at least one city is somehow special or big.

Comment

All the same
              https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...2487790682237/
              Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 11-20-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Evilchyld2018

Evilchyld2018 is a good seed. Can someone post a pic of it for me?

Comment

Biome distribution isn't changing, desert to the south, snow to the north. Anyone got something different?

Comment

Originally posted by Harven View Post
                    Biome distribution isn't changing, desert to the south, snow to the north. Anyone got something different?
                    Seems to be the new set up with minor variations on how much or little.

Comment

I tried the seed "002", it resulted in quite a few towns. just to the south of the center hub city, u have 4 traders. other than those, I've only found 2 more traders.

Comment

After multiple trials I figured out that biome generation is currently hardcoded. I modified rwgmixer.xml, made changes in biome_generators, biome_intensity_generators and biome_spawn_rules. Using the same seed the result is always the same (I restared the game after each change in rwgmixer.xml to make sure the game will read the file). On the other hand changing terrain_generator changes the terrain - so that part is working fine.

Comment

PQP is a nice seed

Comment

Well, I've found that you can use slightly longer seed names...
                            Seed : Dizzygrenade with a minigun is like a kid in a candy store...

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...823&height=481

Comment

So far have only tried 2 seeds that were pretty good in 16, mapmapmap and gammamamma.

Also, when generating the maps, my PC seemed to get stuck in the same place,

GENERATING COUNTRY ROADS

Which of course meant that I had to sing the song while waiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X