Irradiated Zones

Drewey09

Am I the only one having issues with Irradiated Zones? I keep walking into these areas without realizing (mainly when I first spawn) which is a really big pain. Before there was clear indications that you were about to get blasted with a nice, health dose of radiation. Now? I see absolutely NOTHING. I don’t see any of the previous signs, it just looks like the rest of the biome I am in. Of course, I eventually figure it out when I end up walking into said zone and loosing about 20 - 30 of my health. Anyways, is this intended, or should I be seeing some obvious signs that it’s there?

We've had several players on the server I play on that walked into irradiated zones that had no indication of the danger. They look like any other areas, no indication that you're moving into a random area with radiation. One player even spawned into the game for the first time in such an area...it looked no different than any other area/biome, but it killed him before he could really do anything.

We've had several players on the server I play on that walked into irradiated zones that had no indication of the danger. They look like any other areas, no indication that you're moving into a random area with radiation. One player even spawned into the game for the first time in such an area...it looked no different than any other area/biome, but it killed him before he could really do anything.

That’s exactly what I experienced numerous times, glad to know it’s not just me. It must be some sort of bug, I doubt TFP would intentionally remove any indictations of a highly dangerous area.

Guest Nyteshade12134

LOL at the last post. :D SURE they would. These are the same people who added randomly generated mines to the wasteland biome in the RWGMixer in A16.

I walked the radiation perimeter on a server last night and it was all invisible on the map and made a 3.6k square. So it must be the map limits.

The weird thing is the admin swore he generated an 8k map. I jumped into other servers to test and saw the same thing. Much smaller map sizes than what was wanted and invisible rad zones. I am pretty sure it is a bug with the experimental. Here's hoping it is an easy fix for stable!

I walked the radiation perimeter on a server last night and it was all invisible on the map and made a 3.6k square. So it must be the map limits.

The weird thing is the admin swore he generated an 8k map. I jumped into other servers to test and saw the same thing. Much smaller map sizes than what was wanted and invisible rad zones. I am pretty sure it is a bug with the experimental. Here's hoping it is an easy fix for stable!

This actually explains quite a bit, I thought they were simply random because my world should have been much larger then it was, I guess world generation is also bugged.

Just to make sure you know, we're talking about irradiated zones INSIDE the map perimeter, that show no indication of the danger. At least, that's what it's sounding like.

It’s the maps limit areas. Outside of the limit of the map is all radiation areas. It’s there to keep us from going past the limit.

Yea the maps is super small now. No real need to even have a 4x4 or anything other than a bycicle to travel with.

Then explain players spawning in irradiated zones, or traveling towards the center of the map running into radiation.

This is Rolands response to my question about the same thing:

Edem: dislike that radiation is no longer color coded. Very hard to tell the exact line without getting damaged.

Roland:WIP. Not the intended result as far as I know.

But what line are you talking about? I was just picking cotton in a normal zone, the problem is not a missing indicator, but a radiation zone that shouldnt be there.

If you are talking about the end of the map, it wasnt. It was like 50 meters away from where I started the game

Ok, So this radiation this in RWG is really a buzz Kill. I'm standing chopping a tree and get half way thru the 900HP tree (I have not moved) and suddenly I am 20m into a rad zone. Please someone say something, fix it or show me how to mod it out. (I am not on the edge of the RWG world and I did not "walk" into it, I was stadnign chopping a tree.

I had this issue as well, i even reported it as a bug, but my thread disappeared....

i rage quit over this, because i was chasing a day 7 airdrop and suddenly died of radiation in a snow biome.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, So this radiation this in RWG is really a buzz Kill. I'm standing chopping a tree and get half way thru the 900HP tree (I have not moved) and suddenly I am 20m into a rad zone. Please someone say something, fix it or show me how to mod it out. (I am not on the edge of the RWG world and I did not "walk" into it, I was stadnign chopping a tree.

was it foggy outside, or was the weather clear?

I had this happen to me as well. RWG map, I was maybe just 200m from our base chasing a deer. Suddenly I was taking damage with no warning or idea why until I looked at my HUD and saw the radiation. Lost half my health before I could get out because I couldn't even tell where I needed to go to get out of it. Yep, not fun.

I had this issue as well, i even reported it as a bug, but my thread disappeared....

i rage quit over this, because i was chasing a day 7 airdrop and suddenly died of radiation in a snow biome.

- - - Updated - - -

was it foggy outside, or was the weather clear?

Clear and crisp, no rain no ticks nada. I entered it as a "bug" and posted a modding solution in the mod section.

Now I expect that the Rad zone thing is intended. My issue is that in one of my RWG worlds, It seemed that we were actually encircled by rad zones. That is kinda a game breaking bug. You spend almost a week gathering stuff close to your chosen base and keep ranging farther out OpppS! rad zone in the SE, np, go one of the other ways, Nope Rad zone over here too. It makes it difficult to be excited to start a game when you discover after a few days you can't explore without running into radiation.

I assume that TFP are working one something like a Geiger Counter or Radiation meds. As Roland reminded me, this is only day 4 of experimental.

Archived