Blocks are supposed to collapse and not simply poof out existence, right?

Weazelsun

I'm currently playing on an MP server, and we are at day 800+ or so. I've started noticing that when building, and when the SI isn't good. Rather than the blocks collapsing like normal and ending up with debris. They just go poof out existence. I guess my question is could be indicative of anything that could affect the server? I'm not an admin or owner of the server but simply a player.

See video: https://youtu.be/6CY6SPz9KY8

That happens to me as well on a couple of public servers. I'm a pretty sure its a dedi server mod that's commonly used because drop mining has a negative effect on performance. In case you don't know, Drop Mining is when you dig out from under a bunch of blocks with the intention of having them all collapse.

That happens to me as well on a couple of public servers. I'm a pretty sure its a dedi server mod that's commonly used because drop mining has a negative effect on performance. In case you don't know, Drop Mining is when you dig out from under a bunch of blocks with the intention of having them all collapse.

Today I learned and yes, you are correct it was indeed the a mod that the server owner recently turned on.

CSMM a server manager does this

Actually it's CPM that does it. CSMM just has the option to enable the feature if you are using CPM. Both of them work very awesome together though.

Botman also has a feature for this, but I'm not sure if it vanishes the blocks the way CPM does.

Links.

CSMM Patrons Mod (CPM)

CSMM Main site. US, EUR, or AU

CSMM Docs

You don't need the paid version for anything.

The only bonus you get with donating for CSMM is some extra tele and command slots. All features are available with the free setup. (I take that back, the one thing you don't get with the free plan is inventory tracking data.)

Archived