Can't Connect to Server

AcesDoubled

There's a server I used to play on that I can very rarely connect to. Maybe once in every 30 or so tries. Most of the time I get a console error when trying to initialize that says, "Null Reference Exception: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object." Followed by another line that says, "FileNotFoundException: No height data found for world "Kawagu Mountains."

The server always has people in it, so it's not that the server itself is broken.

I've tried reinstalling, tried re-validating. I've also repaired EAC.

I've got an AMD FX-8350, 32 GB of RAM, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with 4 gigs of RAM.

Log Here: https://pastebin.com/8YdMidpa

1. Disable OpenGL. There is no reason you should be using that on your system. It's only there for systems with out-dated\un-supported drivers. It's in the launcher settings.

2. That log doesn't show any attempt to join a server, nor does it show the errors you've mentioned. You'll want to make sure you have the right log file.

1. Disable OpenGL. There is no reason you should be using that on your system. It's only there for systems with out-dated\un-supported drivers. It's in the launcher settings.

2. That log doesn't show any attempt to join a server, nor does it show the errors you've mentioned. You'll want to make sure you have the right log file.

Sorry I wasn't immediate. I was able to get into it once and started playing, but then everything just kind of hung up. And it started not allowing me in again after I restarted. Then it took a few tries for it to generate, what I think, was an attempted connection log. https://pastebin.com/LKNgAZdW

This might be related... After it fails, I cannot connect to any server. It keeps giving me the "Null Reference Exception: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error any time I click on any other server, but only after failing to connect to one before hand.

No, it happens when your locally stored data doesn't match the data from the server. The most common reason is as I stated above. It could also be due to a corruption in the data on your local cache. Regardless of the cause, you may not be able to connect to the server at all until you clear the local cached data.

Have you done so yet?

No luck. Same response. About three minutes of intialization and same error.

If that's so, then your user data on the server is corrupted. Maybe the server owner can help you out by deleting your map data from the server. You'd have to delete your local data again as well before trying to connect.

Archived