A18 Experimental - Can't Craft Barbed Wire?

Satsuko

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see barbed wire as an option to craft anywhere (inventory, workbench, forge, etc). I also don't see it hidden in any of the blocks that you can "chisel" to change the type.

Can craft barbed wire fence, but not plain old barbed wire.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see barbed wire as an option to craft anywhere (inventory, workbench, forge, etc). I also don't see it hidden in any of the blocks that you can "chisel" to change the type.

Can craft barbed wire fence, but not plain old barbed wire.

I found that to be a pretty stupid move. Especially when there is still barbed wire found all throughout the game, so realistically, you could take that barbed wire for yourself. But, whatever. :rolleyes-new:

I am missing the barbed wire too, this is what my horde base used too look like:

HordeNIght.thumb.jpg.9720b3d8a7353cf855e27f4ada3ea39e.jpg

It made good use of the slow down area effect that the old sheet barbed wire had. I just want some method of slowing the zeds down to give me time to deal with them (not water, it's just too cumbersome to work with)

It seems that all the base developments have gone into better traps and more turret types (getting xp from a trap kill is a good move IMHO), I have made many trap rooms and they can work so well that I just sit back on horde night and let them do all the work with just the occasional trap repair.

The main problem for me is that hiding in a trap room stopped being "fun". With A17 and a few friends on the server we could easily get 500+ zeds through the front doors, now I find there is no real way to direct and control the flow of the zeds. I don't want the traps to kill, I want to use cocktails and frag rockets, run around and cause chaos. A18 seems to be trying to push me back into a trap room.

Ahh well, I will always have the screen shots of A17 when horde night with friends was fun.

Archived