Dedicated server: Friends can not see or connect to server unless I log in

NicholONE

This has been happening to me since a17, but I didn't play a lot with a17.

Downloaded the server through Steam Tools. If anyone on the LAN connection is logged in, anyone outside of LAN can see the server in the server list and connect, but the second I log off no one can see the server. Players stay connected if I log off, but once they log of they can not get back in.

I've searched the forums and all I could find was once dead thread with the same problem and no solution, Google tells me nothing but I may just be terrible at google

Would love any help I can get

Is your server set to be seen for friends only? Are you using a dedicated server?

A dedicated server itself can't be a friend of anyone, so it should only be visible to friends from players already being online.

You still can try to log in manually by your servers public ip adress, if it's not visible.

Is your server set to be seen for friends only? Are you using a dedicated server?

A dedicated server itself can't be a friend of anyone, so it should only be visible to friends from players already being online.

You still can try to log in manually by your servers public ip adress, if it's not visible.

Server is set to Public with a password.

People outside of LAN have not been able to manually connect with the public IP, always comes back with "can not retrieve server information"

We have ports open, no firewall or antivirus, watched every tutorial out there that I can find, we must be missing something but I can't put my finger on it

Ports a forwarded; TCP and UDP open for 26900, UDP open 26901-26905

Correct forwarding settings? Correct server ip?

I'm using simple static port forwarding for my dedicated server with fixed ip, no port triggering for example.

Manual connection from WAN should be possible with this ports open (possibly there are even to much open (26903+), but that shouldn't be of interest for the 7dtd server itself) if your server is set to default port 26900.

For being visible in servers list, there may be some Steam specific ports missing? Not sure though, I didn't care much about them myself. At least it shouldn't prevent manual connection with the public ip if port forwarding of 7DtD own ports are set correctly.

You may want to give some detailed insight to your port forwarding configuration so other people can check if there may be some mistakes (by accident)?

Correct forwarding settings? Correct server ip?

I'm using simple static port forwarding for my dedicated server with fixed ip, no port triggering for example.

Manual connection from WAN should be possible with this ports open (possibly there are even to much open (26903+), but that shouldn't be of interest for the 7dtd server itself) if your server is set to default port 26900.

For being visible in servers list, there may be some Steam specific ports missing? Not sure though, I didn't care much about them myself. At least it shouldn't prevent manual connection with the public ip if port forwarding of 7DtD own ports are set correctly.

You may want to give some detailed insight to your port forwarding configuration so other people can check if there may be some mistakes (by accident)?

OK, thank you so much, we thought we were port forwarding but were using the port triggering. All fixed. Thanks again

Archived