18.3 stable - SP - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Gendwer

Sorry for my english... I hope it's good enough to explain my issue.

If I try to load the save the console pops up and displays this error: "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I don't use mods. Files are validated.

Before that my PC freezed during playing "7 Days to Die". If I now try to load the game the error is displayed and the savegame doesn't start.

I tried to copy the complete log, but it seems far to long. I tried pastebin, but it's the same problem. So I did a cut (line 450) and go on near end. I think it repeats the same over and over again. I have to quit the game.

Pastbin 7 Days To Die log - Cutted.

Looks like your save is corrupted.

As soon as I saw this line I saw a red flag.

WRN Failed loading world header file: C:\Users\Paxton\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Pacovu County/Pacovu 2 BDC - Perma Death/main.ttw

You say that the game crashed/froze-up, so I would assume that had a lot to do with your save getting borked. Not really much you can do.

Have you tried loading up a new world/game or if you have a totally different save-game try loading that up. I know it sucks to loose all that progress but thats Alpha for you.

Take the good with the bad. Corruption can spread to your current characters profile/save file as well so if you still can't load a game you will have to delete his/her/it's files and re-create your game character.

Have you tried loading up a new world/game or if you have a totally different save-game try loading that up.

Thx for your reply bigstep70. It was also Pacovu (?) seed I tried to load. A Version I died early in the game so I started a new one to see more of this map. At least that worked.

Sad to hear, that there is nothing we can do. Maybe I try it again in an alpha 19 or so. And I will try to backup my progress.

Good to hear you got it figured out.

Ive run into so many little, "weirdo's" I call them, with this game that I just take it with a grain of salt now.

Many thanks to these forums and all the great people here that have really helped me get a grasp of the inner-workings of the xml code and the ways it all fits together.

I mod the heck outta my standalone SP7Days folder to test and try other peoples mods and prefabs (that are always a welcome treat), plus my own bunches of stuff that I cram in.

So if your not scared to try new things (mods and prefabs), just ask around and I'm sure people will jump up and give you a hand in no time.

Archived