Stuttering issues every 5-10 min when running dedicated and client (18.3)

Robeloto

I just formatted my HDD and installed a fresh legit windows 10 on my SSD. I have everything on the same disk. The game and the server. When I play I get stuttering issues Sometimes when I open the inventory or chests, it can take up to 2 SECONDS to open it! And sometimes it just happens when randomly walking/running around. It is only me on the server that get this stuttering. Atleast this often. I think it may be because I also host the server. The world is 11k in size if that matters. The issues began after a couple days of playing time. So I formatted and moved everything on SSD. It worked for a few hours, but then the stuttering began again.

I adore and love this awesome game, but sadly this issue is making me wanna stop playing. It does not matter whatever I choose in the graphic options, it is the same issues even at the worst quality. When running single player this never happen. Can anyone help me out?

my specs are:

CPU: i7 7700

GRAPHIC: GTX 1080

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Running both the game client, and the dedi server on that CPU isn't something I would recommend. My old i7-3930 clocked at 4.2GHz will run circles around the 7700, and I know it would be sketchy running it on my system. Especially if you're going to put the OS and both clients on the same drive.

Regardless of any client update, you're trying to get more out of your PC that it's really capable of.

A18.4 Stable is out now and has a potential fix of this very issue.

Schwanz9000

I tried it out. It may be a bit less, but it is still there. =/

Running both the game client, and the dedi server on that CPU isn't something I would recommend. My old i7-3930 clocked at 4.2GHz will run circles around the 7700, and I know it would be sketchy running it on my system. Especially if you're going to put the OS and both clients on the same drive.

Regardless of any client update, you're trying to get more out of your PC that it's really capable of.

I hear you. But the weird thing is that the stuttering did not begin until like 40 hours of playing time on the server. Never had this issue before, but this is also the first time I play on a world that is above 8k in size. Going to try to run the server from another PC and see how it works. Thanks for the answers!

Now I have tried setting the server up on a different PC. I still have the stuttering that happens random every now and then. No one else is experiencing this on the server and they have much much MUCH worse PC than me. So what could be the culprit? Is there anyway I can check whatever is causing these stutterings? I have normal temperatures and CPU/GPU usage when checked with different softwares. Seems like this is not going to be easy to resolve.

Edit: Maybe this is due to vertical sync is turned off? Maybe I must have vertical sync on to not experience stutterings? Going to try it out later today...

Ok, it does freeze even with vertical sync on, not as much. Usually when I open inventory or any other windows I can get a 0,5 second stutter, or when I ride a vehicle. I can live with that I guess. Weird I never got these stuttering before though.

Edit: So I generated a new random world and I started up the dedicated server on same PC as I play and I do not get any stuttering whatsoever. Seems this stuttering only occur on our world. When we started our world I didn't get any stuttering, but as I said, it began after several hours, when we moved to a new city. We removed some tall buildings with the dev tool, if that could be a problem.

Archived