Character gets deleted, 100+ hours gone, how to backup?

Buttson

This is the third time I've had this happen, I've now lost 2 day 50+ characters.

My PC has some issues with crashing when running this game, and when it does, it deletes my character. so after having it happen twice I started backing up my save files

Am I correct in backing up these files or are they the wrongs ones or something? https://i.imgur.com/K183aJ0.png

Even after restoring the old files I can't load onto my old character, it just makes me a new character at level one.

Any suggestions? is there other files I need to backup as well?

As a side note.. Does anyone know an effective setting to change to reduce RAM usage ingame? Like is there any unoptimized settings? My resolution is turned down lower than native, and settings are at about half, and I close down most other programs but it still uses almost all my RAM which I think causes my PC to crash sometimes when playing.

I think texture streaming uses some system ram, but not sure really. How much ram is in your system? If it's 8 GB, then ya, it's gonna use all that.

I have 20 GB and when the game is running about 11-13 GB are getting used. (that's total ram used, system and game)

I have 16GB but it's DDR3 since that's all my mobo will take. gotta upgrade it soon. I'm also at ~12GB usage but it will often jump up to near 100% usage, will check my texture streaming settings next time I'm ingame, thanks

You should be fine with 16 gigs. I'd guess there's a problem elsewhere. When you run out of ram, is it the game that is using it all up?

Check Task manager to see what is using your memory while in game. Post your log file. If you're trying to run or connect to a 16K world

that could be a problem, if you're running mods, that could be a problem. etc. etc....

Archived