Dedicated Steam Server & Modlets

SE Cacti

After recently getting back into this game on PC I am trying to assist a friend on running a server on their dedicated machine. The server itself can run but the question is if we want to use a few modlets is it as simple as dragging the Mod folder into the 7DTD server folder on the dedicated machine or do players have to download the modlets themselves and it will reflect in the server when they load in?

For most modlets, they have to be on BOTH the server and the client. There are some that are only needed server side. Also, if they already have modlets installed, they may conflict with your custom server so I recommend copying out existing modlets out of the Mods folder and then copying in the set designed for your server. I keep all of our modlets in dropbox and just have them download/copy the entire set.

For most modlets, they have to be on BOTH the server and the client. There are some that are only needed server side. Also, if they already have modlets installed, they may conflict with your custom server so I recommend copying out existing modlets out of the Mods folder and then copying in the set designed for your server. I keep all of our modlets in dropbox and just have them download/copy the entire set.

Thank you for the info! I do the same with a Dropbox whenever I update modlets I take the whole updated folder and have them pull from that. Now it just adds the step of doing for the server too. Looking forward to trying this out.

Archived