Gaming PC Required to Run Ultra Settings @4k >60FPS?

Loftus

Can anyone that has achieved the subject condition please let me know what your rig components are?

I have i7-7700 with GTX 1060/6Gb and 16Gb RAM with SSD and I can't get anywhere near 60 FPS even at 1920x1080 with some low settings engaged. I could before 18.4.

Poorly optimized?

No one can get 4k at 60fps even with a $10k system. It's just not happening right now. Maybe in 10 years from now (exaggerating a bit) we'll finally see Beta and if lucky, might see better optimizing, and the game will finally be able to have a more stable and higher fps. Though I doubt we'll ever see 4k at 60fps or higher, at least not without a new generation of video cards and CPUs.

These are my current settings for my Ryzen 5 1600x / 16GB ram / 1060 6GB FTW+ (everything overclocked and impressively well vented):

https://i.imgur.com/7dY5Cim.png

I could probably sneak in better settings and still maintain good fps, but I'm not bothered by it cuz all I care about is the fps, not the graphics detail. With those settings I can usually stay around 55-60fps.

I set my in-game identical to yours at 1920 x 1080 - is that your resolution?

When doing so, I dip as low as 43 FPS.

Expected?

1080p, v-sync off. And yes, there's the occasional dip to 45 or so, but it doesn't happen often for me.

This set of benchmark tests show a 2080 ti doing over 60 fps in a number of games at 4K. 7 Days to Die was not among the games tested.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-05-07-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks-7001

7 Days is a fully 3D Voxel game. None of the other games are.

Running 7 Days in 4k is going to tax your CPU and RAM more than your GPU. Most other games could care less about CPU and RAM.

Hell, you can get 60FPS in 4k in Ark with a 1080 and an old Intel Core 2 Quad CPU with 8GB RAM.

Archived