Game locking up during Bloodmoon Hordes

judicator

Game keeps locking up during Bloodmoon Hordes. Works fine during normal day/night cycles. Verified files through Steam. Uninstalled/reinstalled game. Checked out everything on PC side such as video drivers, BIOS updates, etc. Ran chkdsk on all drives for shnizzles. This is a game created on the current build release. Suggestions or ideas appreciated.

output_log__2020-03-22__13-46-59.txt

Yeah, your CPU is below the min spec that's out-dated from a17, so it's way below now. Your GPU was considered "entry-level" a few years ago.

Your issue is most likely a CPU bottleneck when the AI for BM is loading.

I think maybe Sylen misread your log. Your cpu is a 12 core 4.1 Ghz 14 nm CPU and was launched just 2 years ago. It is not outdated and should work very well wtih this game.

I get good results and no locking up on a much older and weaker processor. (i5 3550).

What do you mean by "Locking up"? Do you need to force quit the game, or do you mean the screen pauses and then resumes? Or, something else?

I was looking at where the log shows it at 2.2GHz. This is a mobile processor, and the base speed for it is 2.2GHz. It can Turbo up to 4.1, but that's only a very limited boost speed, and it's only effective on one core.

Minimum spec is 2.4GHz, and recommended is 4GHz. That PC will only meet min recommended on a single core for a couple of minutes when it kicks into turbo. Then it will go back to standard mode that is below the processing spec.

That chipset is also well known for ineffective load balancing.

"Locking Up" meaning the game freezes. Have to ctrl+alt_del and kill the process in task mgr. I can guess by what Sylen is saying is that I should just uninstall 7d2d and never play it again. Quite honestly, having to purchase a new $1500 gaming laptop every couple yrs to retain the ability to play a game is dumb. I do thank you for the help though. It does answer the question.

Step 1. Don't buy laptops for gaming.

Especially for games like this. A fully 3D Voxel Game relies heavily on CPU and RAM speeds, and that's precicely where a laptop is going to fail you. Especially one like that. The 7700H, 8400h, 8500h, and similar chipsets suck literal balls because of the way the hardware is designed. It doesn't matter that it's a 7th or 8th gen chip. My old 3rd gen I7-3930k can wipe the floors with them. (Literally, my single and multi-core speeds are higher than yours, and I have 12 cores that will be utilized, not like yours that will only boost one.)

So more research on how the chipset functions, and get a desktop.

Archived