Oversight or feature?

HunterAlpha1

(Please be an oversight, please be an oversight) Like most actual gun people who play games, I'm somewhat triggered by the persistent and much hated "sOTtgUnz R WerFLeSs @ fERdeR dAn maCK-OuT DisTens" movie/video game trope. Seriously, no, they're not. It all depends on what chokes, barrel lengths/types, and loads you're using, but I can guarantee you that a load of buckshot is still very lethal well beyond five meters, and slugs, depending again upon the aforementioned variables, can take someone out at up to 150-200 yards.

So imagine my surprise and consternation, when, after having maxed out my shotguns skill, and equipping myself with a shotgun loaded with slugs, I try to take out a naked level 1, and can't even damage him from 10 meters away! I mean, even if he was slightly further away than the max effective range, shotgun slugs don't just stop in midair and fall to the ground, I should've at least been drawing blood! so I actually looked at the shotgun slugs, and, sure enough, the effective range is almost the same as the shotgun shells! even the most arcad-ey games out there have longer ranges for shotgun slugs.

TL;DR: Please increase effective range for shotguns, or at least for slugs!

Comment ignored for stupid caps and spelling. Maybe someone else can find the patience to decipher that nonsense.

No, and this isn't a gun simulator either. It's an Alpha where things are still being balanced and core features aren't even finished yet. I get the TL:DR message. Just assume it's a work in progress.

Keep in mind that while a real life sniper rifle might have a range of 1000 yards or meters, the game is unlikely to ever render zombies out to that distance. Accordingly, what is considered short range, medium range and long range all need to be scaled down for there to be meaningful differences between weapons. That is to say, applying realistic ranges would mean most or all weapons would have unlimited range in practice, removing range as a balancing factor.

Archived