Game too bright even on low gamma

BalisticPS

My game is way too bright on default (38%) or even 0% gamma. On 0% it is slightly more tolerable in outdoor scenes, but then I can hardly see anything in indoor scenes during the day, let alone at night. I am playing on Windows on max settings. I've tried tweaking the settings by turning off bloom etc. but this doesn't really help. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm assuming it's a bug because it is pretty unbearable.

I'm playing SP, no mods, A18.4. I can recreate the issue and I have validated my files.

output_log__2020-03-24__11-55-37.txt

Here is a screenshot from my game during the day on default gamma. I have never had this problem with any other game. Turning down the brightness on my monitor doesn't help because literally everything is still white. I'm assuming this is a bug with the lighting engine used by the game, and it's weird because the brightness seems to be inconsistent from day to day in game. Again turning the gamma down helps some to make it more playable but the lighting is still weird, and the dark scenes are then barely visible, so I end up constantly going into settings to change the gamma every time I enter or leave a building or it becomes day or night. I do appreciate the suggestions, and hope that this is fixed in later versions.

76206882_Screenshot(1).thumb.jpg.4b37347a299e222d33f6f60ef7b9a966.jpg

keep in mind... default is usually the middle ground that should (but doesnt always) work for most but because of so many differences, thats why there is the option to move sliders up or down. so you may need to adjust, my play style i have my game gamma down to 25%. rtx2080ti card.

also, i will not let nvidia adjust anything that my games and programs should do and as for drivers.. i only install the drivers no other features are allowed.

so i agree with others on apparently a 3rd party is adjusting things for you..

last but not least... do you have or can borrow a different vidieo card to see how it differs. (might be possible that card is going crazy)

good luck :)

QA Tester-unholyjoe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived