7Days keeps crashing........

Toys7505

Hi guys -

Having a weird issue where 7days will crash and leave back at the Desktop. There is no set time, crashes will happen randomly. I have had Steam validate files, I have done memory tests of my system - everything comes out ALL Good. Win10 updates are current and I have the latest NVidia driver - I am stumped at this point.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Toys

Here is my log.....

https://pastebin.com/kz9fSLig

I remember a recent support thread where someone with crashes and a line like "WRN Device 2 with name "Logitech Extreme 3D" does not match any supported profiles and will be considered an unknown controller." was told by another forum user to unplug the controller.

And it seemed to have worked. I think in his case it was an xbox controller which was tagged as unknown controller. I don't know why this would help and can't find the thread, but it might be worth a try.

I don't know if it's a problem but your Origin UI mod is from A17. Also, spoiler tags would make your posts more readable,

as would using pastebin as instructed in the sticky post for this thread.

OK - I fixed the logs, hopefully I did it correctly.

The crashes continue even without the Origin UI Mod installed.

Stumped to say the least. Brand new build with I7 9700K, 16GB RAM, and a re-used GTX 1070 FTW from old build. Also, NEW install of Windows.

I have made sure Drivers are up to date as well.

I don't know what to do next. Some times I can play for 90 minutes before it crashes, sometimes its 5 minutes before it crashes......

Toys

Run Prime95 and FurMark.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2028...-hardware.html

My bet is a bad PSU.

Well.....ran Prime95....

Ran the Small FFT test for 30 minutes, no errors and highest CPU core temp was 52 degrees on Air Cooling

Ran the Blended test......yeah, there is an issue, an error was detected within seconds and computer proceeded to reboot.

I had CPUID Hardware Monitoring up the entire time......

I don't have time tonite but will run Memtest86 tomorrow morning. I bet I have a faulty stick or even both of 'em are faulty.

And I swapped out the PSU with another known GOOD Working unit and still got the same results when playing 7days - crashes to desktop.

So right now, its looking like memory is the culprit.

Toys

Well, Memtest86 found hundreds of errors on both RAM sticks. Went and did an exchange for a New memory kit. Currently running prime95 now for an hour with no errors or failures. I'll let this go for another couple of hours and then will test the 7Days again.......fingers crossed.....

Toys

Archived