Dedicated server - how to set required mod = true

davidovo

I have two questions related to dedicated servers.

First, how to activate in the server connection screen the option REQUIRE MOD = YES ?

Even if I have mods installed on the server this box still says no, I don't see any config in the serverconfig.xml file to change this setting.

Second question, is there a way to force the download of the server mods?

Example, I want the client to be able to download upon connection to the server the Mods folder into his client one.

Regards and thank in advance.

If your mods are just xml changes, then they aren't required on the client side. The server pushes them when it sends the xml data.

If your mods add extra assets, then the clients will have to install the mod, and it should trigger the flag. Though I am not aware of the internal conditions used to set the flag. It may miss on smaller mods that just add some icons.

No, there is no way to force the download of the server mods when they are required to be installed on the client. Later when Workshop support is added, I'm sure this will function similar to how it does in Ark and Conan. Until then, you are responsible for letting your players know what client-side mods they need to install, and they are responsible for installing them.

It is for this very reason that none of my server use mods that require a client-side install. I still am able to use a fair number of mods though.

If your mods are just xml changes, then they aren't required on the client side. The server pushes them when it sends the xml data.

If your mods add extra assets, then the clients will have to install the mod, and it should trigger the flag. Though I am not aware of the internal conditions used to set the flag. It may miss on smaller mods that just add some icons.

No, there is no way to force the download of the server mods when they are required to be installed on the client. Later when Workshop support is added, I'm sure this will function similar to how it does in Ark and Conan. Until then, you are responsible for letting your players know what client-side mods they need to install, and they are responsible for installing them.

It is for this very reason that none of my server use mods that require a client-side install. I still am able to use a fair number of mods though.

Thank you, but still it won't show my server as modded.

I think it's really needed that someday the players can download the mods only by joining because it deny a lot of players to play on modded servers.

I appreciate your help though

I think it's really needed that someday the players can download the mods only by joining because it deny a lot of players to play on modded servers.

.xml mods that reside in the Mods folder on the server will get loaded from the server to the client.

Thank you, but still it won't show my server as modded.

I appreciate your help though

In my Mods folder, I only have all the seperated mods folder, no xml files are directly there. Do you mean I have to retreive all xml files from each mods folder and put them all together in the server mods folder?

In my Mods folder, I only have all the seperated mods folder, no xml files are directly there. Do you mean I have to retreive all xml files from each mods folder and put them all together in the server mods folder?

Each mod should have "Modinfo.xml" in it's folder, and further xmls would be in the config folder of the mod. If they are not there, it's not a mod.

But back to the original subject. There are servers listed that I know require a mod to be installed that show "Requires Mod = Off".

Specifically, Ravenhearst, War of the Walkers, and Darkness Falls.

For Example:

RequiresMod.jpg.e879b581472c65c66b2ab926423f3c71.jpg

Further, if you use the filter to view servers that Require Mod the result is zero.

If you use the filter to view EAC Off servers you can see a number of servers that

require a Mod to be installed, but still show Off for that field.

• 2 weeks later...
But back to the original subject. There are servers listed that I know require a mod to be installed that show "Requires Mod = Off".

Specifically, Ravenhearst, War of the Walkers, and Darkness Falls.

For Example:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tRequiresMod.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t85.6 KB ID:\t1727223","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1727223","data-size":"full","title":"RequiresMod.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

Further, if you use the filter to view servers that Require Mod the result is zero.

If you use the filter to view EAC Off servers you can see a number of servers that

require a Mod to be installed, but still show Off for that field.

Really weird, I guess this function is not available yet, still, I would like people to be able to join my server and automatically download the mods which doesn't work.

• 7 months later...

Archived