Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Client Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Client Side

http://pastebin.com/9EceYz3y

Im getting same error after upgrade.

Comment

Ditto which is especially sad as I made a random game and think I've got a pretty decent start found corn and potato seeds very quickly as well as some coffee beans.

Comment

I deleted all players TTP files which let them into the game, however this error randomly spams, also players can no longer see other players on the server or add them as friends. This is only certain players.

Comment

Same error. Might be due to the changes to how hair / hats work. Not sure if it is able to deal with a character already equipped with gear.

Comment

Very disappointing, guess I'll go play something else till they figure a fix out.

Comment

same thing here key not found what up with that

Comment

Same here...I did get my dedicated server updated and a fresh game started. Got about 2 hours on the newest patch. Then I logged out. :-( Key issue here, just like O.P.

Reboot computer and dedi server = no joy.
                Uninstall and re-install client = no joy.

Posting to the 7D2D forum = undecided joy.

Comment

Previous problem same solution:

Workaround for always same character on server

The solution we found was to locate the .ttp and .map files in Users/<username>/Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Random Gen/<Servername>/Player and look for the SteamID64 that matched the player concerned, delete those 2 files, and he was able to log in with his new character.

This was effective on a Windows 7 hosted dedicated server, this was immediately following the 10.4 upgrade

Figured this was player profile related as my fiance was able to log in no problem (had not been on the server yet) and I could not log in (previous login ok)

Delete anyone who gets the error, they have to start that player profile over again, but the world stays intact
                  Last edited by Celebrin; 12-19-2014, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrin View Post
                    Previous problem same solution:

Workaround for always same character on server

The solution we found was to locate the .ttp and .map files in Users/<username>/Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Random Gen/<Servername>/Player and look for the SteamID64 that matched the player concerned, delete those 2 files, and he was able to log in with his new character.
                    Only a partial workaround. As soon as you try to wear a hat item again you'll get the error. See here for full workaround until they patch it.

Comment

I can wait for the fix for the fix, at least you guys are on it as always

Have it ready for my weekend holiday party?

Comment

Yeah got the same bug here was playing minding my business and blamo game crashed my whole computer after a horrible BZZZZ RRRRR WWWWW sound then i had to cold boot it and now i cannot get back into the server i play on every time it gives

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Comment

i am getting same error and not happy about it

Comment

Same here, whenever you try to put on a hat or helmet. On restart, it hangs on the Building the Environment screen. I created a screen capture of the console message, but see no need to post it as everyone is reporting the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X