Game will not install completely

jdwright78

I have a problem, that I cant find any other person to be having. I am not able to get 7dtd to fully download and install on my laptop. I have fully uninstalled the game several times, in trying to get it to complete. Loss of network connection is not an issue. The game will start the download process, but stops at 817.4 mb and then states that an update is required. No action will make the game download any more or start the install process. I have installed and played the game before on this laptop, and it is currently completely up to date on windows updates. Any help towards the resolution of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

hmm... this is one I haven't seen before.

Have you tried restarting Steam after it installs as much as possible to see if it'll try to continue?

The game, in it's current state, should take up 1995MB when it's properly installed. It hasn't been that small since... Alpha 5?

Hey wait a minute... which version of the game are you trying to install? You can check by going into the game's properties. Make sure to select "NONE, Opt out of all Beta programs".

Also, which OS are you running? If it's Linux or MAC, then I probably can't help you out at all.

nope, it just tries to download the 817.4 mb again, any attempts to start the game gives the error message of "failed to update game, disk write error"

Your hard drive is full! lol

EDIT: Either that or you have hard drive problems.

• 3 years later...

Archived