UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Region" is denied.

Gilthanaz

Hi all!

I've updated to A17 latest_experimental, modified my serverconfig.xml and started the server. It created a directory for the new Save and some files, but then the server stops with:

2018-11-20T09:38:01 11.415 INF Started thread ChunkRegeneration
2018-11-20T09:38:01 11.416 INF Started thread ChunkCalc
2018-11-20T09:38:01 11.537 INF World.Load: Random Gen
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Region" is denied.
 at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at RegionFileAccessMultipleChunks.ReadDirectory (System.String _dir, System.Collections.Generic.HashSetLong _chunksList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at RegionFileManager..ctor (System.String _loadDirectory, System.String _saveDirectory, Int32 _maxChunksInCache, Boolean _bSaveOnChunkDrop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at ChunkProviderDisc.Init (.World _world) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at ChunkCluster.Init (EnumChunkProviderId _providerId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at World.CreateChunkCluster (EnumChunkProviderId _chunkProviderId, System.String _clusterName, Int32 _forceClrIdx, Int32 _blockSize, Int32 _layerMapId, Boolean _bFixedSize, UnityEngine.Transform _parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at World.LoadWorld (System.String _sWorldName, Boolean _fixedSizeCC) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+<createWorld>c__Iterator7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename:  Line: -1)

* I'm using the parameter <property name="SaveGameFolder" value="/home/7days/Saves/"/>

* Disabling this parameter to use default save location also does not work

* Configuration for save paths worked this way in A16 :)

* The Saves directory was also set to 777 to make sure it is not really an access issue. Did not change anything, old access restored

* As mentioned, the server does create the Map Save directory and some files in it successfully:

a@b:~/Saves/Random Gen/A17_World1$ ls

blockmappings.nim itemmappings.nim main.ttw

Solution:

Actually reading the comments of the new configuration file helps .. a lot.

I had set the GameWorld type the old way:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Random Gen/>

This caused the problem. Correct is:

<property name="GameWorld" value="RWG"/>

Hope this saves someone else a few hours -_-

Cheers!

Archived