0% downloading Map

ZombieSmurf

If you read the ServerConfig carefully it tells you what is what. Can be hard to understand what they are talking about if you are new to running a server. For now I would just use

<property name="GameName" value="Walking Dead"/> <!-- Whatever you want the game name to be THIS CONTROLS THE RANDOM GENERATION SEED -->

that is what controls the seed for the map. The other settings effect it but I have not figured out how exactly just not change those on my server.

Whats the difference between:

<property name="WorldGenSeed" <!-- If RWG this seed decides the map to load, if already generated, it will simply load it -->

<property name="GameName" <!-- Whatever you want the game name to be THIS CONTROLS THE RANDOM GENERATION SEED -->

Game name controls the seed, then what is WorldGenSeed for?

I am honestly not sure. I just know based also on the last game version and the info is there what to change and for now atleast I have not messed with the other settings and my server is running.

In time more info will become available but it is a waiting game for those with more experience or the dev's ear to post the info.

are you running a dedicated server on a different PC?

if so, what i did to get past this was close everything down and restart the server.

here's some issues I am experiencing tho, your mileage may vary

1) if the worldgensize is greater than 8192, I get stuck at Generating Country Roads (/shakes fist at John Denver)

2) every single time i try a different seed, I need to delete any files that the server created for the new seed and restart the PC

are you running a dedicated server on a different PC?

if so, what i did to get past this was close everything down and restart the server.

here's some issues I am experiencing tho, your mileage may vary

1) if the worldgensize is greater than 8192, I get stuck at Generating Country Roads (/shakes fist at John Denver)

2) every single time i try a different seed, I need to delete any files that the server created for the new seed and restart the PC

Thanks, Ill keep that in mind.

So in short if I change the GenName the seed name should match?

I do have a silly question about map sizes for anyone that can help.

will a larger map cause lag? or is it just the initial joining of the server that takes forever since you have to download the entirety of the map itself?

right now, I can load up an 8k map in roughly 10minutes give or take. I just got a 16k map to start downloading (finally got past John Denver's Country Roads)

yeah, it actually takes super long, it's not stalled, it got all they way finished for the server im messin with, but where it gets me is the playing loading part.

bottom line for me is this. I wanna play. lol. The large maps above the 8k range means the following. (correct me if im wrong)

first, it takes the server a long time to generate the map (roughly 45minutes for me)

then, each player that tries to connect to the server is gonna take roughly that long, if not longer to download the map themselves. Pretty sure no one wants to wait an hour.

I've decided to just use the 8k range for the map. this way, the wait is only 5-10minutes to download the maps, lol

Archived