Base design, day 57.

ungkor

I've seen a lot of bases with long mazes of blade traps and huge amounts space involved. But I've had almost zero issues with a short 5-6 block long corridor using two sets of electric fence posts, and then a couple dart traps that I can use if I can't keep up.

I probably use my bow 40% of the time, a hunting rifle 40% of the time, and then a mix of melee if its slow, or ak47/smg if things get tougher. And a few molotovs here and there.

I just got done with the day 56 horde night, and I probably used about 150 7.76 rounds total.

Is there a point in time when this design isn't going to work?

top-roof.thumb.jpg.94e6dc153daec54e78273eeb5dc3fa64.jpg

corridor-blade-drop.thumb.jpg.7ba7038fa83a2d60be91510f830fd109.jpg

corridor.thumb.jpg.7d0f86fbccd77a2eb8b4d7d5e203a461.jpg

dart-traps.thumb.jpg.c1dd141e04816507cfc2f3974bc3ba46.jpg

I like these compact/efficient builds. But once demos show up I've found I need to make a second or even third just as a backup, it's just too easy to trigger their charge and they do a ton of aoe damage. Steel blocks can only take 3 or 4 of their eplosions and later on they come by the dozens.

Can you upload vid? Would be great to see yr base in action.

I like these compact/efficient builds. But once demos show up I've found I need to make a second or even third just as a backup, it's just too easy to trigger their charge and they do a ton of aoe damage. Steel blocks can only take 3 or 4 of their eplosions and later on they come by the dozens.

Can you upload vid? Would be great to see yr base in action.

I'm playing 17.4, so no demolition guys. I'll probably need a new design when I start playing 18.

I've never recorded my gameplay, but I can try on the next horde night. What software do people use to record?

It’s a similar setup to my Automated Killing Tunnel design. At some point, that pathway will become too narrow, especially if you ever do a horde larger than 8. If the zombies stack up and can’t go forward, they’ll begin attacking the walls, which is no good for this design.

They only question for harder hordes is if you can keep up killing them with bullets & arrows. BM zombies run faster and come in larger quantities than screamers. Once you get to a later game stage and see many radiated zombies at a time, I think you may need extra help.

It’s a similar setup to my Automated Killing Tunnel design. At some point, that pathway will become too narrow, especially if you ever do a horde larger than 8. If the zombies stack up and can’t go forward, they’ll begin attacking the walls, which is no good for this design.

They only question for harder hordes is if you can keep up killing them with bullets & arrows. BM zombies run faster and come in larger quantities than screamers. Once you get to a later game stage and see many radiated zombies at a time, I think you may need extra help.

I used this design until day 100'ish, and then lost my world. I think I did need to increase the amount of dart trap ammo being used. But iron is so easy to get, it still seemed sustainable. I'll record my next horde night and see how much damage I sustain. One thing I did do at later levels was spread out iron spikes in front, and while the zombies did make paths through the traps, I think having them funnel like that through a few paths along the ground maybe evened out the rate at which they hit the tunnel.

Here is the day 63 horde.

The damage wasn't too bad. I used more ammo than I wanted to though. I'd probably activate the dart guns, shooting the mobs in the back, more often in later levels. I'm guessing that would work OK for demolition zombies in alpha 18.

• 3 months later...
Once you get to a later game stage and see many radiated zombies at a time, I think you may need extra help.

I just finished my day 140 horde night. I used basically the same design, except instead of one killing tunnel, I made two. One is for manually killing with guns/bow, and one is automatic killing with blades and darts.

It is still really relaxed. What would be considered 'later game stage'? Are people playing until day 500 or so?

Here is the front view. On the left is the auto-killing tunnel with blades and darts. On the right is the shooting tunnel.

dual-front.jpg.d5164377eee1bd4b03b7b7d4287ba29f.jpg

Top view of the front entrance. The zombies get a bit spaced out, because they run around trying to find the entrance. And then they split going left and right.

front-top.jpg.d242be947188c1e27a6ed37c36b543e8.jpg

Shooting corridor

shooting-corridor.thumb.jpg.7507283cb07c4899fd456d9173502ef0.jpg

Auto kill corridor. Blade traps and dart traps (behind where I am standing are 4 dart traps shooting forward down the tunnel).

chopping-corridor.thumb.jpg.311fb439fad1301a9d986ddbfcd8f57d.jpg

Reason why you are still playing A17.4? Without demolishers all that base design is overkill imo...

Our groups last horde night (game stage 470+) was super fun and challenging with multiple demolishers attacking throughout the horde night.

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 9:15 AM, Laz Man said:

Reason why you are still playing A17.4? Without demolishers all that base design is overkill imo...

Our groups last horde night (game stage 470+) was super fun and challenging with multiple demolishers attacking throughout the horde night.

Game state 588, day 168.   My double corridor design is still working fine.

I'm not playing 18 until they fix melee.  I wrote a long'ish post about it.   Long story short, melee swings, especially clubs, need to follow through and not stop on impact.

Archived