Dart Trap Tunnel vs. 20+ Demolisher Zombies Simultaneously

blugold1

I wanted to test my dart trap tunnel against a horde of demolisher zombies to see how it would work. I initially tested on Scavenger difficulty, but scaled it up to Nomad after that test went well.

I was worried the darts would trigger their explosion, but not a single one did. I'll consider this base design a success!

Scavenger:

Nomad:

After a few more rounds of tests, I found that 16 rows of dart traps is not enough during the night. When the run, they sometimes skip over blocks, causing some to get through. The tunnel either needs to be extended, to 20-24 rows, or take an active approach at shooting them when they come.

That would be less efficient with darts though. Currently it’s a 1 for 1, on pressure plates to dart traps. Any other way, and traps would be firing darts into the floor when zombies aren’t there.

Ah, didnt realize you were using 1x1 trigger plates...is it possible to place a barb wire on top of the plate? It might look weird but may still work..😂😂😂

I thought barbed wire was taken out in A18, no? I tried it in A17, but didn’t keep using it because my tunnels are more than 2 blocks wide. Meaning I was unable to hit the middle blocks.

...Unless you can line the top off the 2nd block with it. I’ll have to try that. I think the darts can shoot through it.

I thought barbed wire was taken out in A18, no? I tried it in A17, but didn’t keep using it because my tunnels are more than 2 blocks wide. Meaning I was unable to hit the middle blocks.

...Unless you can line the top off the 2nd block with it. I’ll have to try that. I think the darts can shoot through it.

They took out the flat barb wire but the other kind is still in game and is very effective on slowing down zeds.

They took out the flat barb wire but the other kind is still in game and is very effective on slowing down zeds.

Did you ever test that with the demolisher? When I tested it the demolisher destroyed the barbed wire fences while walking through. So it would only work for a limited time.

I’ve had similar experiences in the past with barbed wire, so I haven’t tested it yet. Next time I’m in game I will try to put them in.

I do think that if I filled the tunnel with water, 2 blocks deep, that would also slow them down enough where the night run speed wouldn’t be an issue. Pretty sure all electronics will work in water. I’ve loosely tested this before.

Archived