Explosives vs Demolishers

Laz Man

I recently tried to blow up the ground floor of a skyscraper and carefully placed dynamite by dynamite around the walls... until i noticed that the dynamite packages despawn....

Is there a maximum amount you can place at once or do they despawn after some time?

They despawn after some time. Maybe 20-30 seconds. Enough to throw a bunch but not enough to carefully place around a building. If you can afford it, use a combination of dynamite and a rocket launcher.

When we quit a world (private co-op) I often use the last day to collapse buildings by explosive, with or without creative menue. I can't check at the moment whether you can craft them or need creative menue, but gas cans/oil cans (not sure of the exact name) proved an excellent substitute for the permanent dynamite. The single gas cans are better than the grouped cans (4 cans in a single block)

They despawn after some time. Maybe 20-30 seconds. Enough to throw a bunch but not enough to carefully place around a building. If you can afford it, use a combination of dynamite and a rocket launcher.

When we quit a world (private co-op) I often use the last day to collapse buildings by explosive, with or without creative menue. I can't check at the moment whether you can craft them or need creative menue, but gas cans/oil cans (not sure of the exact name) proved an excellent substitute for the permanent dynamite. The single gas cans are better than the grouped cans (4 cans in a single block)

Yep, sadly the dynamite sticks despwan too quickly. The gas cans are an alternative but not sure as well if craftable or not.

Perhaps all placable explosives aside from mines have been removed from vanilla?

Archived