Ozzysfang Vs. Day 85 Horde

ozzysfang

I usually don't care too much about the rocket launcher and that is the best one I've found in this playthrough. Now it's emerging as a vital tool.

Yeah, it definitely seems like a vital tool to have on horde night. And while I was watching you use it in the video, all I seen was those green glowing zombies flying across the screen, LMAO!!!

Indeed. Haaven't quite wrangled how to stop multiple ones at the same time. Back to the ol' drawing board I guess

Most successful strats I've seen involve slowing down their approach or holding them in place (e.g. electrical fence, etc.)

Most successful strats I've seen involve slowing down their approach or holding them in place (e.g. electrical fence, etc.)

I have the fencing. You have inspired me to find a better way to trigger it. Also I'm going to grind some more shotgun turrets for those corner posts, they love/hate them for real. :)

I have the fencing. You have inspired me to find a better way to trigger it. Also I'm going to grind some more shotgun turrets for those corner posts, they love/hate them for real. :)

My guess is the AI see the corner posts one of the "easiest" ways to get to you. They often will try to find the closest and path of least resistance to the player. I just did a 2 man demo horde night from a rather large base and the zeds funneled pretty well to where we wanted them. However, we do incorapote a slanted exterior wall defense though which some people consider an exploit/too cheesy. Hey, at least we haven't had to rely on super cheesy loop bases though lol...

Here is an example how we use wooden spike traps and hatch doors as horde funnels.

F1QmDf4.png

Used as redundant zombie barrier. We only keep one open at a time otherwise the pathway is too strong and discourage the AI from going there.

Ah I see.Maybe I can play with that next build. I am trying to avoid Grinding spike traps.

Archived