• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little somethin'

A lil project I'm working on:

Wow thats huge. Is that your base?

Comment

I have an established base on spillway lake, but I wanted to try something a bit bigger in scale for the hell of it. I do have an underground area already set up under the pyramid for use while construction is in progress. There's a pit to bedrock all the way around the outer edge for defense which allows me to build through the night as well. The farm in the middle is something someone else set up for temp food while helping me with the build, but it won't be permanent. The little structure in the middle is temporary too. It IS going to go all the way to the top until the sides come together ^^

Comment

Looks good mate!

Will have to come and see it "in person" so to speak! ;>

Comment

Going for a Chichen Itza look?

Comment

Originally posted by ouyin2000 View Post
            Going for a Chichen Itza look?
            It only looks that way now. There's a loose similarity to Giza (Cheops) in the internal layout of passages / chambers. The stairs were obviously inspired by Chichen Itza / step pyramids, but it won't look that way for long since the stairs are at 45 degree incline and the sides are a bit over 60 degrees (2 up for every one over). The steps are slowly sinking into the interior as they ascend. They will come together inside the upper section similar to the way the ascending passage / great gallery of Cheops rises to the Kings chamber. If you notice the small slit in the stairs - that's an entrance that goes to a descending stairway which goes to a subterranean chamber, again similar Cheops. There will even be a horizontal passage leading to a "Queen's chamber". Naturally, I've got a lot of space to work with, so while I plan to make these the "main" chambers, there will be a number of other rooms as well.

Comment

Must be great to come through the hills and see this build.

Comment

Originally posted by Martial-Law View Post
                Looks good mate!

Will have to come and see it "in person" so to speak! ;>
                Thanks! Yep, come on over. It's east of apache and north of courtland in the middle of the dark brown area.

Originally posted by ccannon22 View Post
                Must be great to come through the hills and see this build.
                I hope so! I just hope I can finish it before the map gets reset for Alpha 7 xD

Comment

Originally posted by LeastConcern View Post
                  A lil project I'm working on:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]991[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]992[/ATTACH]
                  just watchout for the big drop around it

Comment

Update:

Comment

Progress:

Comment

Wow, I don't think your images are doing the project justice... I might have to see this for myself or ask to see more angles cuz damn that looks complex and unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                          Wow thats huge. Is that your base?
                          Thats what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                            Wow, I don't think your images are doing the project justice... I might have to see this for myself or ask to see more angles cuz damn that looks complex and unique.
                            Send quido a PM for server info if you want to check it out in person. I could make a video walkthrough, I guess. I just didn't want to slow production by doing a regular video thing. Also, I'm doing it a bit rushed with the expectation of alpha 7 soon. I'm focusing mostly on the outer shell but trying to build with a support system that will accommodate interior renovation later, if time allows. I may even do a slower, more detailed (especially on interior space) build when alpha 7 is released.

Comment

oh ok, well, when you finish it, then maybe you could make a video or take more pics at different angles?

Comment

Working...
                              X