Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native Linux server (with management scripts)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran into an issue trying to update from 18.2 to 18.3.

Environment: Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LXC (containerized)

Using the script configured steamcmd.sh produced the following:

Code:
    root@7dtd:/home/sdtd/steamcmd# ./steamcmd.sh 
    Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
    [  0%] Checking for available updates...
    [----] Verifying installation...
    Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
    -- type 'quit' to exit --
    Loading Steam API...applicationmanager.cpp (3911) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
    applicationmanager.cpp (3911) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
    applicationmanager.cpp (4074) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
    OK.
    I wasn't able to find very much information about this online... like... at all. I'm posting this for information purposes.

Eventually, I installed steamcmd from the Ubuntu repos. Using the system steamcmd.sh thereafter, the system version didn't produce the GetMountVolume errors. 7dtd.sh script still didn't work, since it wasn't using the system steamcmd. But, I confirmed I was able to manually upgrade the engine using the steamcmd from the repos.

In the end, I ended up deleting the /home/sdtd/{Steam|engine|steamcmd} directories and then reattempted 7dtd.sh updateengine, which downloaded a fresh copy of steamcmd and proceeded to upgrade the engine successfully.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfpackmars2 View Post
      Using the script configured steamcmd.sh produced the following: ...
      First of all you should not run SteamCMD yourself if using my scripts, that is bound to cause ♥♥♥♥ups in the end
      Anyway, SteamCMD throwing weird assertions isn't *that* uncommon, most of them can be ignored. The only thing that really matters if it updates properly in the end.

Originally posted by wolfpackmars2 View Post
      7dtd.sh script still didn't work, ...
      Would need more output from when it runs, not just the above snippet as it's not directly related to the actual update process.

Sounds like you found a workaround for yourself though, so glad it works

Comment

Hey there,

At first i must thank Alloc for his awesome on the fixes and scripts. It's so easy to manage a dedi server with your scripts/tools.
        I love the map rendering thing and have a question regarding that.

I've setup a new dedicated instance from an existing save game. I created the instance and copied the world as well as the player data into the appropriate instance folders. All is working fine so far but only parts of the map discovered on the new server is visible.

Is there a way to render the missing image files from the players .map files?
        I found this thread in the forum https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...red-map-to-png but the tool does not produce the correct images. The image size on the lowest zoom level is 256x256 for example.
        Could anyone give me some hints or so how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

visitmap -halfmapsize -halfmapsize halfmapsize halfmapsize

via console.

ex. if you have a 8K map: visitmap -4096 -4096 4096 4096

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Prisma501 View Post
            visitmap -halfmapsize -halfmapsize halfmapsize halfmapsize

via console.

ex. if you have a 8K map: visitmap -4096 -4096 4096 4096

Cheers
            But that will uncover the whole map, right?
            What i am trying to do, is to generate the image files from the map file of a user.
            In the player folder of the saved game there is a .map file where the already discovered map parts are stored.
            I hope that it is possible to generate the images from that file.

Comment

Originally posted by Mornus View Post
              But that will uncover the whole map, right?
              What i am trying to do, is to generate the image files from the map file of a user.
              In the player folder of the saved game there is a .map file where the already discovered map parts are stored.
              I hope that it is possible to generate the images from that file.
              Oh check. That would be rendermap consolecommand. I believe that does exactly what you would like.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Prisma501 View Post

Oh check. That would be rendermap consolecommand. I believe that does exactly what you would like.

Cheers
                Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X