How to host a server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to host a server?

Hi everyone i just bought this game and i love it! I'm just wondering how to host a server because when create a world. He cant see the server name on his list and when i give him my IP address to connect to he says it fails, so what i'm wondering is how can i create a server that he can join? I am not behind a router. I'm directly connected to my modem so i shouldn't need to open any ports and also he lives in the UK so i don't know if that's why hes having issues connecting to my server?

Also maybe if someone could tell me how to make my own dedicated server that would be awesome. Thank you

Yeh im in the same boat as u m8. Ive also just got the game and im trying to host/connect to my friend and it wont let us. Im in the UK hes in USA all he sees is US and canada server and all i see u EU servers. Any idea how to accually connect to each other or is this the state of the alpha and MP is broken

Comment

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Server
      Last edited by BluefangServers; 12-14-2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BluefangServers View Post
        That didnt help still getting same crap as before ill just wait till the game is more patched then try again but kinda gutted as it looked a good game

Comment

It may just be some actual server browser issues the game is currently having. I've been experiencing bugs with the browser myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BluefangServers View Post
            It may just be some actual server browser issues the game is currently having. I've been experiencing bugs with the browser myself.
            its not the browser im having probs with its basicly no matter wat game i join i get the console and then if i host a game my friend cant join as he cant see my game or cant join using my IP but my other friend from the UK joins without a problem. Also i cant join my m8 from USA either and he cant see my server cos its not USA or canada. Game must only let u play with ur fellow country men which sucks

Comment

That console error is a known issue and is being worked on

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthr...format-Alpha-5

Comment

If thats so Ghastous that is a real downer. Can someone else confirm this because if so that would b a total bummer.

Comment

aye its a total bummer and especially since i cant accually join a MP game as when i do i get the all mighty console.

Comment

Working...
                  X