Server Managers

rm304

Server Management Tools

• 7 Days to Die Admin Coalition
    The Linux Server Management scripts aim to provide a full management tool set for a Linux based 7 Days to Die server. They allow to manage most aspects of the server
    Links: Website - Forum thread - Discord

• Allocs Linux Server Management Scripts
    The Linux Server Management scripts aim to provide a full management tool set for a Linux based 7 Days to Die server. They allow to manage most aspects of the server
    Links: Website - Forum thread - Docs - Discord

• Botman
    Botman is a server manager that you interact with ingame and/or via Internet Relay Chat rather than in an application window. A web interface is in the works which will make the bot and server even easier to manage.
    Links: Website - Forum thread - Docs - Discord

• CSMM - Catalysm's Server Manager & Monitor
    CSMM is an open source, web based server manager with features like player teleports, economy, Discord integration, advanced player & inventory tracking, custom commands/hooks and more
    Links: Website - Forum thread - Discord

• [LGSM] Linux Game Server Manager
    The command-line tool for quick, simple deployment and management of Linux dedicated game servers. This is excellent for setting up and maintaining a server, and provides an easy method for running multiple servers from one dedicated machine without virtualization.
    Links: Website - Docs - Discord

Server API Tools

Required for, or a nice addition to, the above managers

• Allocs Server Tools - Website - Forum thread
    Notes: Required component for any public dedicated server. Offers a live webmap and additional console commands for server management.

• [bCM] Bad Company Manager - Website - Forum thread
    Notes: Required component for Botman Server Manager.

• [CPM] CSMM Patron's Mod - Website - Docs
    Notes: CSMM Patron's Mod (CPM) is an API mod that is free for anyone, who wants to use. It's in no way affiliated with Catalysm's Server Manager and Monitor. It's name was explicitly chosen to make sure other server managers are not hijacking its functionality and present it as their own, but it can be used by any server manager.

It seems with the A14.6 and Alloc's fixes rev. 272 (7_9_13) (2016-04-28) that the chat window in FrontrunnerTek has now stopped working. The voting reward system started failing a couple of weeks ago. FRT is dying slowly.

Hi, Can you start any of the server managers as a windows service?

I´m looking for a manager that autostarts even if the whole server machine restarts.

They are not all stand alone programs that need to be running. Have a look at them to see what meets your needs but from my experience:

CBSM is cloud based.

Server tools is within the config on the server.

FRT is a stand alone. I've not managed to get it to start and connect with windows (though haven't spent a lot of time trying to).

I know ServerManger has the option to start with windows. But it is for a local install only. Can't be used to for remote management. Most have the option to start the server when program runs, so can easily put in startup folder. if You truly want to run it as a windows service, then you have a couple of options, You can either use a program (some are free) or you can try to do it yourself. Here are some links from a quick search of "run program as a windows service"

Links:

http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3582108/create-windows-service-from-executable

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490995.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Programs:

FireDaemon

http://www.firedaemon.com/

SrvMan

http://tools.sysprogs.org/srvman/

AlwaysUp

http://www.coretechnologies.com/products/AlwaysUp/

RunAsService

http://runasservice.com/

ServiceMill

http://www.activeplus.com/Products/ServiceMill

• 2 months later...

Frount Runers Tech

I run the WorldsEnd Server and I have been using FRT for a wile now and I see that some things just aint working correctly like the server messages. I have A's Server fixes and the map and everything works fine others say it dont however I have looked at all the other server managers and they are lacking in feature to FRT is there any that have everything FRT has? I love FRT but since they are no longer updating it I need something the has Auto restart, Auto Back Up, Server Messages, The Goodies, Just for fun, PVP Arena's, please tell me there is some thing that does all this and more. Any help would be great thanks.

• 1 month later...
we need the fun pimps to make a official server manger one that works had nothen but problems from all of the above .

If the Pun Fimps made a server manager, it would also have problems when updates come and back-end behaviour changes.

That's what 'breaks' server managers.

The Fimps have Alloc on their staff, he makes things that allow server managers to be made, and to be flexible.

CBSM

... seems to have become abandonware. Hasn't been updated in months, and putting in tickets seems to be a waste of time since no one ever responds, but someone is around to take your money for their charged "services" even if they are broke. This tool had the potential to be the best of them all, but w/o support and upkeep its just a waste.

I run the WorldsEnd Server and I have been using FRT for a wile now and I see that some things just aint working correctly like the server messages. I have A's Server fixes and the map and everything works fine others say it dont however I have looked at all the other server managers and they are lacking in feature to FRT is there any that have everything FRT has? I love FRT but since they are no longer updating it I need something the has Auto restart, Auto Back Up, Server Messages, The Goodies, Just for fun, PVP Arena's, please tell me there is some thing that does all this and more. Any help would be great thanks.

You can always run that along side another manager. A few servers run my bot and CBSM and others run something else like FRT and my bot. It can work well if you disable some features so that one or the other manager handles those features.

7dsm + cbsm

we just need a good server manager thats upto date

I use 7DaysServerManager + CBSM and Alloc's fixes. 7DSM is updated (in fact he now has an A15 update available), and CBSM still works as long as Alloc's loads. I am waiting on a new Alloc's at the moment, because I can see it's got a few errors as of the latest build of A15.

• 3 weeks later...

Additional Info on SM Usage

Its also wise to make sure your only running one of these otherwise you can have issues especially if your SMs set to auto connect. CBSM is the best bar far but others do have their help. One SM at a time!

Hard to call cbsm the best by far when there is 0 support. Used it for 4 months through multiple minor updates (prior to build 15) and it was only updated once(at the beginning of those 4 months). Most the time the services weren't running and a lot of the features weren't available. Check their forums https://envul.com/forums/cloud-based-server-manager/general-discussion/ they usually have people asking if its supported anymore there. What's worst is a lot of the features are paid for, so your paying for abandonware.

Some of the other tools aren't as feature rich as cbsm claims to be (no point claiming features if none of it work most the time), but they keep the server up and running. Botman seems to have as much if not more features but its rough to setup, but if he keeps on it as he has and finishes the windows installer, it will be hands down the best tool out there.

There is now a hosted Botman site..... http://www.botmanhosting.com/ Also heare there is a GUI coming for it as well as a windows installer. Looking forward to checking that out.

Rightnow We are still with CBSM but have moved some features (ping, MotD, Broadcast messages) as its not reliable anymore. CBSM still respond to steam chat when I have an issue but not always. I was told he was going to update for a 15 but havnt seen any progress. Last update posted is March 2016. So back to using ServerManger Tools 3.4 (gimme, ping limiter, server messages) and CBSM for vote rewards, GBL

The Windows build isn't my top priority at the moment. Fixing issues, adding more customisations and the web interface are ahead of that.

The bot can co-exist with CBSM now and I'm adding detection of Server Tools and others so the bot doesn't react wrongly if another manager or tool does something that isn't reported in telnet.

I also have a new modded Mudlet with better support for IRC and no need to hex edit anything. It can be controlled by the bot to do new things such as changing its connection info to 7 Days and to the IRC server. A Docker container for easy deployments is coming too. I hope to get cracking on the web interface next week. When it is sufficiently complete I will release it and continue adding features to it.

The Windows build isn't my top priority at the moment. Fixing issues, adding more customisations and the web interface are ahead of that.

The bot can co-exist with CBSM now and I'm adding detection of Server Tools and others so the bot doesn't react wrongly if another manager or tool does something that isn't reported in telnet.

I also have a new modded Mudlet with better support for IRC and no need to hex edit anything. It can be controlled by the bot to do new things such as changing its connection info to 7 Days and to the IRC server. A Docker container for easy deployments is coming too. I hope to get cracking on the web interface next week. When it is sufficiently complete I will release it and continue adding features to it.

Oh nice. Have been busy and just been doing quick fixes here and there, also have moved to a new host. Will def look back into it as I keep hearing good things about it. And web console would be great as Im hardly ever in-game and have to admin remotely. Again thanks for all the hard work Smegzor.

I moved a few posts that are very specifc to a single manager to the manager's own thread. Please try to keep this more for general discussion of managers and if you have issues with a specific one write in the appropriate thread.

Archived