Alloc's Mapping not rendering Map - Dedicated Server PC

hunterofdoom

Hi, i have started a 16.4 dedicated server successfull, configurated successfully all things even the online control panel, but when i am going to my localhost:8082 it shows an empty map.

I have tried executing the comand "rendermap" but it only crashes the server then it auto-restarts and the map is not generated.

It should have generated a "map" folder in my server map folder but it doesn't.

How do i make the map getting to work?

Thanks in advance

Captura.jpg.cb09401a9413bcaa46e62c6601e71ef6.jpg

Captura2.jpg.17475319c77291211832c0132fe2d4b4.jpg

You could try logging in :)

Per default, permission to even see the map is set at 1000. That means authenticated users. If you want the map to be visisible to all without logging in you would have to set permissions for web.map to 2000 in webpermissions.xml in your /saves directory

<permission module="web.map" permission_level="2000" />

Cheers

-edit- oh i missed the map folder part which is important also. Does the user running the 7dtd dedi have permission to create folders and files in the /saves/random gen/mapname location?

Seriously get rid of FRT. It's so dead it isn't even funny. Support for it stopped when, a11? Maybe it was partially supported in a12. Since then it's been deader than dead.

Just start the server, then log into it via telnet and run the command. Make sure no one is on the server when you do this.

If it still crashes, then something else is the issue, and we'll need to see logs.

@Prisma501, those only really apply to the web interface.

Seriously get rid of FRT. It's so dead it isn't even funny. Support for it stopped when, a11? Maybe it was partially supported in a12. Since then it's been deader than dead.

Just start the server, then log into it via telnet and run the command. Make sure no one is on the server when you do this.

If it still crashes, then something else is the issue, and we'll need to see logs.

@Prisma501, those only really apply to the web interface.

Yes of course. And the question is about not seeing the map in the webinterface. And i saw that he is not logged in so even when the map gets generated there will be nothing to see if the permissions are not reconfigured or you dont log in. Thats why i mentioned.

Cheers

Yeh that error is definitely from not logging in, Prisma is 100% right.

i have already logged in, and generated a lot of map, so i will try checking running as admin and the permissions thingy.

Also didnt know FRT is dead so thanks for advising me, i'll switch to RAT asap.

Thanks to all for your answers, will report if it works

Hi, i have started a 16.4 dedicated server successfull, configurated successfully all things even the online control panel, but when i am going to my localhost:8082 it shows an empty map.

I have tried executing the comand "rendermap" but it only crashes the server then it auto-restarts and the map is not generated.

Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24110[/ATTACH]

Just to be sure - this rendermap command does not generate an entire map - only places that have already been visited by players/admins.

Do not run it when players are on.

In the image you showed us - you have to hit the big green 'login with steam' - once you're logged in it will show the map IF and only IF there have been at least one person/admin to spawn into the game on your server.

Its a good idea to run then every once in a while once you do have players on your server as it will help with some lag issues.

The Map Folder is in your Saves folder, under "Random Gen" if it is a Random generated map - or under Navesgane(?) if on that map. Then you will see a folder with the servers name - within that folder you will see the Map Folder you're talking about.

I run a dedi for 8 of us and run this about once every two weeks since we are the only ones playing on it and may play once a week.

EDIT: Technically you should have posted this under "[MOD] Improvements for the dedicated server" posting in the Game Mods folder. There you could have browsed for similar issues/fixes...

i have already logged in, and generated a lot of map, so i will try checking running as admin and the permissions thingy.

Also didnt know FRT is dead so thanks for advising me, i'll switch to RAT asap.

Thanks to all for your answers, will report if it works

Not logging into the game, logging into the web map via the link in the lower left corner. =) (steam)

Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24110[/ATTACH]

it will only generate the map of explored area, if the area hasn't been explored it will be a blank map. Also you shouldn't have to enable anything it should just be active, & in that screencap you are not logged in. Try logging into your steam account in the lower left hand corner.

Archived