chrani-bot server manager announcement thread

ecv

Hi there,

for the last few months I've been tinkering with my own server-bot. So far the results are encouraging. I've decided to make the stuff public, so others can take part and help/test/use this manager. For now I concentrate on the core functions and will start to extend/expand on those at a (much) later time. The main focus lies on a Protected Lobby, Authentication System and Role-Based fine grained Rights-Management for all the bots actions. A players Home and generic locations / hotspots are in there as well, need some work though.

We currently use this bot on our main chrani.net PvE Village People server :)

'official' Discord server -> this is where the updates are posted

announcement thread on these forums <- yeah, you are reading this right now ^^

chrani-bot on notjustfor.me <- general description and usage

chrani-bot on GitHub <- source code

The bot is pretty stable by bow. We have our main server running it as well as two test-servers (a18+DF) for several months now.

I'd be happy to hear from any interested party and would also welcome testing and general input regarding the bots functions. What I really need now it to see how well it scales with high-pop servers. So far we've had up to 15 players without any problems / lag, whatever.

It's written in python, which I have never used before, so excuse my bad coding style or better yet, help me fix it :)

Successfully been running a second instance of the same script files. Handling one local (Vanilla) and one remote server (Darkness Falls Mod) at the same time now. Promising, promising

• 2 weeks later...

I could use a few people trying it out. I have zero clue how the current bot will scale with more than six players. There is a working setup on a test-server: You can find all required information on the chrani-bot on notjustfor.me website or by searching for "chrani-bot" in the Standard Servers Section of the games Server-Browser

• 4 weeks later...

The web-interface is taking shape, will need to refactor quite some code though to make it feel right. It works, but there's no responses to the

interface whether the command worked or not.

Pause / resume / shutdown (restart, if you have the scripts set up) the bot

List online players, list all players, kick players, send em to the lobby, or home

assign roles (rights) to players

delete their player and location-data (not the player-file from the game currently)

• 3 weeks later...

We have made the jump into cold water and did the latest wipe with the new bot. A few itches in the beginning, but it seems to run just fine, no crashes or errors yet. The passworded lobby seems to work perfectly.

Had up to 10 ppl online at the same time, CPU load was about 8% of one core of our i7700.

The staff likes the dynamic whitelist. A few locations have been set up. Teleporting works out it seems.

So this is very promising.

• 3 weeks later...

webinterface_map.jpg.3252fcee384e9e3278a9ca0f31058751.jpg

Current state of the webinterface. After two weeks we haven't encountered any serious troubles. A lot of work has to be done still, but we are getting there. This thing is ready for serious testing/usage, still requires maintenance and an active admin/staff at this time :)

For more up to date updates (!) visit the github-pages or discord linked in post #1 of this thread ^^

webinterface_players.jpg.0b36038d2ee378937590bf8072fc3439.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived