Geek Gaming PVE Private moderated Server - Valmod Overhaul W/ Compo and bigger BP

Ti2xGr

Welcome from Geek Gaming!

This a privately hosted server (Oregon, USA) but is open to the public. Until Alpha 17 comes out (hopefully soon), we are running Valmod.

Server host name "Geek Gaming"

Easiest way to start is using the 7D2D Mod Launcher (it will download and install all patches, etc.) as long as you load with Valmod Overhaul W/ Compo plus bigger backpack. The Launcher can be found here - http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

We use custom settings in an effort to create balanced gameplay for beginners and experienced players alike. Max difficulty, 32 zombies per on hoard night, 80 max zombies, no run zombies (because they run stupidly in circles anyway), expanded random gen map. There are quite a few tweaks we've made beyond those.

Work together or work alone, it's up to you. We will help newbies in learning the ropes or if you're just looking for server with friendly people to hang out with. You can voice chat with us on Discord - See below for info.

Family friendly chatter only please (No foul language). Adult moderated server.

Server on 24/7 excluding scheduled updates which will be announced.

Discord channel (for voice chat) - https://discord.gg/pvVnvRC

No cheat/hack please or you will be permanently banned (no warnings).

Awesome! I too am in Oregon, and I've wanting to try out the Valmod. I'll see you tonight!

Thanks for joining us. It was refreshing to have "new" blood in the mix. I found a decent sized city to our south that I think would be fun to loot. I drove through it to map it out but haven't touched any buildings.

NEW Server news! - A new Seed was started today! I made the executive decision to start a new seed after a good discussion with one of our members. I have started studying up on XML tweaks and have made several tweaks in an attempt to up the fun factor. In an effort to create a well balanced map, I made some changes (A few of these tweaks were already in place):

Significantly larger playable map (17500 vs. 10000)

Biomes (slightly smaller), smaller plains specifically and expanded chance for variety of Pine Forest and Forest at elevations

Slightly shorter mountains

Significantly LESS WATER (-31, -15 vs. -31, -1) so navigation becomes less frustrating

More chance for cities and towns with more chance of large buildings within them

More chance for some of the rare and super rare POIS

Air drops at 120 (Every ten days) vs. 72

Loot respawn at 30 days

Max difficulty

No Zombie Run (Until They fix the Run AI)

32 Zombies per person on Horde Night

Max 80 Zombies

Animals cranked to 200 for less struggle for food

Backed off Loot percentage back to default 100.

Drop backpack ONLY on death

We are on day one today and the Server has been grinding away at VISITMAP all night (should be complete by noon). Just a reminder - Dedicated Server (I-7, 24GB RAM, Samsung PRO SSD) up 24/7. Discord link above for chat. Inexperienced people are more than welcome. The Mod Manager makes installing the Valmod pack super easy and encouraged to use (it is free but donations are encouraged - no, it's not mine). Join us for fun or just spend time alone exploring our super sized map on your own.

Darren

And...apparently tweaked too much. One of my biome tweaks (I assume) started splatting radioactive zones randomly across the map. I pulled back to a more generic XML setup and will do testing one tweak at a time till I figure out what caused it.

hello, i really like the sound of joining your group, i only play solo and its getting very lonely lol. i live in the uk so time is a bit awkward however i always seem to fit into a support role in games so as part of a group i would love to help contribute to a base and fetch supplies etc even if i am alone at the time.

24 years old, no mic but im a very cooperative person. thanks :smile-new:

Sounds great clethby! We tend to be very team oriented. I find it most fun when you've got a group of people fighting off a hoard of zombies, looting cities together, and having a creative collaboration in regards to base style. We do have one member who tends to just wander through the map and survive on their own. The age range on the server is 17 - 49 (I'm the old fart). I assume that was you on the server this morning. I just started the seed as I was having some tech issues with the last seed. We'll just roll with this one unless we all decide to start together fresh as a group. No worries about the mic although you'll miss out on responding to my lame humor...

thank you, i look forward to finally playing with a group lol, no that was not me, i like to get permission before joining. the things i would do solo is just supply runs etc if the group needs anything and im alone at the time. also i do want to get a mic at some point but im sure i will find enjoyment from your jokes nonetheless :smile-new:

thank you, i look forward to finally playing with a group lol, no that was not me, i like to get permission before joining. the things i would do solo is just supply runs etc if the group needs anything and im alone at the time. also i do want to get a mic at some point but im sure i will find enjoyment from your jokes nonetheless :smile-new:

Well, glad to have you aboard. We have a little store we are camped out on at 0,0. I found a large city last night about a mile north of 0,0 that I suspect we'll be making a base at. I will post specific coordinates shared on the map for everyone if I can find a unique enough building to "borrow" until we can make our own. A few of us will be playing this evening. I'll be on from 7:00 PST until 11:00 PM. Since we're only in the first week, we'll need to be making a base with relatively decent protection soon. That city has a trader right on the outskirts so it will make a great starter base location.

I will also post here when we are on hoard night for anyone interested in joining in the skirmish.

Thanks for the time last night guys. Sorry I fell asleep mid-game...I woke up beating bulletproof glass down in the elevator shaft LOL! I'm jumping back on now if anyone is interested. I'm doing at least five hours tonight...just because. I want to find a decent POI for us to loot!

Alright...Now THAT was a fun hoard night. That would be the first 14 day hoard night I have ever felt like we were truly challenged - After the first trickle, we were slammed with wave after wave of zombies until the next morning around 10:00 am! The Fire Dept. Building we were on was swarmed with zombies, zombie bears, dogs galore, and groups of screamers all bringing in a variety pack of zombies.

Other than Cop Zombies, I think we got hit by almost every type in the game. Having the scramble to find ammo for weapons, having a few zombies find their way up on top of our base, chewing on the walls with the very real possibility of bring the building down was an absolute blast.

Thank you all for the great teamwork and laughs. It was really refreshing to learn new things about the game from experienced players. It's fun to learn new things after having played this game for so long. It breathes fresh life into the game.

I am definitely looking forward to the next hoard night...with more ammo and an actual functional base!

Well, we started a brand new Seed yesterday and had a great time. If anyone has some easy tweaks to help us make hoard nights last longer, I'd appreciate the advice. We did determine we can just spawn in a bunch of screamers but I assume there is a better method?

They are not just used for banning. They offer the ability to set bases, teleports, stuff like that ....

That is interesting. Although the group has been satisfied with our current settings, a couple of the Uber Geeks have discussed some tweaks. I'll read up on them to see if they might help us with some of the modifications we've been wanting to make.

Our hoard night issues have been definitely been greatly improved. Each one has been packed with waves of zombies lasting till morning - Very satisfying struggle. Our next seed, I'll be tweaking the water a bit more. We still have slightly too much. We'll also be dropping the level of the mountains a bit.

The things I do love are the balance of personalities, the great teamwork and generosity among the players. The creativity of the group has been refreshing and I have learned plenty of new styles of play and building. I have started using some components that I had previously ignored due to lack of knowledge or interest. It has been sparked, anew.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, we've had some users come and go. There is plenty of room for new survivors. Please feel free to join in the fun. We have resources to share for users just getting started and wanting to experience this mod. Our horde nights go all night long and are quite challenging - lots of ferals, spider zombies, and cops galore, but teamwork has been making it survivable. There is almost always some people playing on the server creating a "live environment". See discord link above for group voice chat. Hope to see you there!

Archived