Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shotguns do need the ability do hit multiple entities. It's been sorely lacking for a long long time and would go a long way to making shotguns in general more viable.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by madmole View Post
      Its pretty silly, its a zombie apocalypse you don't get time to landscape. Maybe we can overcome the limitation but I was told hey you get 3 blocks whats it going to be.. um ok dirt/adaptive and gravel. Maybe asphalt would be more desirable than gravel?
      While clearly he doesn't understand why the asphalt is so important to some people, It doesn't sound like he is dismissing their concerns out of hand. He asked here and another place whether asphalt would be preferred to gravel after stating he was told they get 3 blocks and he picked dirt, adaptive and gravel.

      Someone who cares about the issue could at least answer him and let him know if switching gravel for asphalt would make them happy or if they hope the limitation can be overcome because both gravel and asphalt are important to them.

      I personally could care less, but hope that little things like that which mean a lot to some people can be accommodated. But politely replying to his suggested compromise would be the smart and polite thing to do.

      If losing gravel would also be an issue, let him know before he just swaps them out.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TSBX View Post
        Shotguns do need the ability do hit multiple entities. It's been sorely lacking for a long long time and would go a long way to making shotguns in general more viable.
        I think its possible. I ocassionally get double headshots with duckbill mod

        - - - Updated - - -

        Originally posted by katarynna View Post
        While clearly he doesn't understand why the asphalt is so important to some people, It doesn't sound like he is dismissing their concerns out of hand. He asked here and another place whether asphalt would be preferred to gravel after stating he was told they get 3 blocks and he picked dirt, adaptive and gravel.

        Someone who cares about the issue could at least answer him and let him know if switching gravel for asphalt would make them happy or if they hope the limitation can be overcome because both gravel and asphalt are important to them.

        I personally could care less, but hope that little things like that which mean a lot to some people can be accommodated. But politely replying to his suggested compromise would be the smart and polite thing to do.

        If losing gravel would also be an issue, let him know before he just swaps them out.
        Problem is, nobody can talk on this issue for everybody. That is madmoles decision, all he needs to know that there is desire for asphalt. Also time for landscaping is when you dominate the world, its endgame gameplay, at least for me.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
          Yeah, I remember them doing that after those changes. I've heard it in action before and it was definitely helpful.
          I'm not sure what happened. I may have lost focus, or maybe something else.
          In one case it was raining, and as soon as it stopped, I could tell that a world spawn was triggered because suddenly there were zombies nearby. If a wolf spawns in an area you are already at, would it howl? If a wolf is going for a zombie and changes its mind and heads at you, will it still howl?
          I think we covered the basic use case, beyond that, always proceed with caution in the apocalypse.

          Comment


          • double barrel shotgun early game
            bad against multiple zeds, keep it anyway, perfect for those lone wolves early on

            edit: also good in snow biome early on. lumberjacks are arrow sponges and slow. but 2 head shots from the shotty, and down they go.
            Last edited by wolfbain5; 11-03-2019, 03:47 PM.

            Comment


            • I mean, re: the 3 texture issue that was construction strictly to defend the splatmap debacle, what if I were to tell you it was possible to only see about a 10% decrease in quality in exchange for a much more modifiable world. It's been done, not a theory, not an idea. It's possible. They just sprung for that extra bit of "aesthetics" because that's what happens when you put an "artist in charge of design".

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Onarr View Post
                I think its possible. I ocassionally get double headshots with duckbill mod

                - - - Updated - - -



                Problem is, nobody can talk on this issue for everybody. That is madmoles decision, all he needs to know that there is desire for asphalt. Also time for landscaping is when you dominate the world, its endgame gameplay, at least for me.
                Except, well, madmole ASKED if asphalt would be more desirable than gravel for the people who were complaining about the removal of asphalt.

                And no one complaining even answered.

                Comment


                • Any plans to release a stable version? Not really feeling a game that locks up my PC while building a map.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by skullpoker View Post
                    Any plans to release a stable version? Not really feeling a game that locks up my PC while building a map.
                    You won't likely like this answer, but try building a smaller map.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by katarynna View Post
                      Except, well, madmole ASKED if asphalt would be more desirable than gravel for the people who were complaining about the removal of asphalt.

                      And no one complaining even answered.
                      some did answer, since madmole is stating splat limitations, they countered with add terrain to the paint brush pallet. I too find the splat somewhat annoying. there is an adobe style house with what looks like a covered picnic area and a pile of sand in the desert. except it isnt sand, it stone...and that isnt the only example. that is annoying. go dig for stone in the desert. it all looks like sand, even down at stone. a little jarring to immersion.

                      game breaking, no.
                      annoying and jarring, yes.

                      edit: btw the desert is my favorite biome to live in, second is burned biome, except the smoke is an fps hit
                      Last edited by wolfbain5; 11-03-2019, 04:09 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Bigger issue is it destroys sub biomes and custom biomes.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TSBX View Post
                          Shotguns do need the ability do hit multiple entities. It's been sorely lacking for a long long time and would go a long way to making shotguns in general more viable.
                          Shotgun shells fire 8 pellets.

                          The "problem" is that our shotguns are somewhat realistic in that they don't have a 45 spread like in many video games.
                          (still much higher spread than would actually be realistic but not comically wide)

                          Try a pumpgun with a sawn off barrel mod to see a more "normal computer game" shotgun.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by katarynna View Post
                            Except, well, madmole ASKED if asphalt would be more desirable than gravel for the people who were complaining about the removal of asphalt.

                            And no one complaining even answered.
                            I have been talking with a suggestion

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TSBX View Post
                              You can't paint terrain blocks, and painting solid blocks next to terrain leads to the little trenches we all hate.
                              Not yet but maybe it could be done in the future. At least it's an idea instead of complaining. 😎👍

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by madmole View Post
                                It takes 1 to 2 real time hours to clear shamway or shotgun messiah factories with fists, unless you have a team of guys and have done it 10 times and have it memorized. I have never cleared a full town, I'd rather walk down the road and explore than systematically grind a town out hitting POIs that visually have no interest to me or look too risky for where I am at in the game.

                                Anyhow, town size is fine I played with towns half this size and felt like it was borderline too much when we made them as big as they are now so no way are we making them bigger. It won't kill you to sprint down the road for a few minutes to find another town I do it on day one with crap stamina and no gear if I spawn in a non forest biome because of the dangers.

                                That said I'm sure a modder or even us might expose some sliders at some point like "town size", frequency, etc.
                                oh you meant the huge bussines, yeah that take longer ofc, at the moment of writing the town i was refering to didnt have any of those. well it was early game so i just grabbed up the closest town and cleaned it but this one happened to be the small type (30 buildings), i started a new game today and this time i settled in a 60 buildings town, with a big military base and a hospital, feels much better, by the time i clear it the initally cleaned houses would have the loot respawned probably, so it can keep me busy until i move to a city.
                                Btw i have tested the stun baton and the junk turrets and i have to say they are great additions, i have had lots of fun with them, and the lockpicks are super usefull.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X