This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stallionsden View Post
    I think 7 days to die could use a ui you can move around . I saw one program forgot it's name but each part of a ui was in its own box and you just dragged the box to where you wanted it and it show up there. I mentioned it to KINYAJUU a while back also with a link to what I meant.
    Seen that in few games and this was mostly because there is really much info at real time to be seen and managed by player.

Comment

I think 7 days to die could use a ui you can move around . I saw one program forgot it's name but each part of a ui was in its own box and you just dragged the box to where you wanted it and it show up there. I mentioned it to KINYAJUU a while back also with a link to what I meant.
      Makes me think of Kingsway.

Comment

My question is this...

I'm going to completely destroy Navezgane and rebuild to fit my idea that I have... .. and my destroy I mean remove everything that doesn't fit my idea then rebuild it replace buildings blah blah blah.

Should I start now or wait until A18 hits or is A18 going to pretty compatible with A17? Again what I mean by that is, are there going to be a lot of changes to Navezgane from A17 to A18?

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
          That simply isn't true. It is hard set now, but its 512 pixels per meter. So if you want it to tile over 2 meters you make it 1024, if you want it over 4 you make it 2048.
          so what you're saying is 1024 would be a 1x2 area, essentially 2 blocks wide or 2 blocks high. 2048 would cover 2x2 area or 1x4.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
            I always wanted an mp3 player at my base to drown out the spooky stuff.
            its been done already in a mod. there is also a radio with a remote control.

Comment

I know rwg is being worked on. But wondering rwg should have its own tab in the in game menu with lot's of options.

- Like hills true false.
              - Mountains true false.
              - Amount of deco 5% 10% 25% etc.
              - Flat world true false or can be percentage. So we people who like pois to actually spawn and big pois to actually spawn can with a complete flat world.
              - Big cities true false
              - small cities true false
              - amount of biomes 4/5/6/7/8 etc
              - weather events none mild medium lots storming
              - mother nature events - cyclone /flooding/monsoonal/avalanches etc
              - water types lakes/rivers/oceans etc
              I love this idea, but i doubt it could be implemented in a decent time frame. This also reminds me of Banished. Their world gen was horrid but when you did make choices atleast they worked out in the end and made a bad map a bit better to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Orsey View Post
                Backpack? Will we can use various backpacks? Will inventory system perks and mods be changed in A18?

Sorry no.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
                  Things like inventory, forge UI, workbench UI... They look very old to me. Rust for example is a lot more pleasing to the eye in this regard
                  Nothing wrong with them. They match every other UI, I really can't see why they would need changed. This is the kind of stuff people are hating on us about, we need to add content, not redo old stuff that works just fine. The icons are blurry at some resolutions so I think its good to redo them.

Comment

Originally posted by quilmeshou View Post
                    are you going to fix the public servers issues? i tried a lot to connect to public servers, but only i get a "connecting to..." message stuck indefinately, or being sent to the main menu. just please, there are lots of players who cant enjoy mp cause of that bug.

i even tried removing steamNetworking as you suggest, but is always the same problem.
                    Looking into it. 17.2 bugs is where to talk about bugs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldranon View Post
                      I think GS is part of the Narrative choices TFP made.

Instead of location challenge where you engage when you feel ready. It would be a "The player is in control" Narrative.

GS is a "the Apocalypse is coming for you" and many games chose this style.
                      Yes I was giving advice on a mod, but we're sticking to the current setup for the vanilla game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirion View Post
                        I could live with GS remaining to calculate BM horde difficulties. But GS should not determine POI zombies IMO. Quest tier / overall "difficulty" of POI itself should. Tier 1 = all basic easy zombies, Tier 2 = basic zombies with one or two heavier (hawaiian, fat momma), Tier 3 = feral regular zombies, cops, wights, spiders, Tier 4 = irradiated regular zombies, feral everything else... Tier 5 = all irradiated
                        The poi determines how many zombies spawn, difficulty is determined by GS which is a better design. Otherwise level 1 players clear out a small shack no problem, go next door to the large mansion and get owned. I don't think that would be very well received and it would be hard to communicate why that house is 100x harder than the small house next door.

It would be like walking into super duper mart at level 3 and have 10 alpha deathclaws in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kage View Post
                          My question is this...

I'm going to completely destroy Navezgane and rebuild to fit my idea that I have... .. and my destroy I mean remove everything that doesn't fit my idea then rebuild it replace buildings blah blah blah.

Should I start now or wait until A18 hits or is A18 going to pretty compatible with A17? Again what I mean by that is, are there going to be a lot of changes to Navezgane from A17 to A18?
                          We don't support mods currently. You should wait until we're gold or be happy to mod with a high risk that it will get broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Death2gnomes View Post
                            so what you're saying is 1024 would be a 1x2 area, essentially 2 blocks wide or 2 blocks high. 2048 would cover 2x2 area or 1x4.
                            512 covers 1 meter. 1024 covers a 2x2 meter space. a 2048 covers a 4x4 meter space. They are always power of two textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Death2gnomes View Post
                              its been done already in a mod. there is also a radio with a remote control.
                              I can't/don't use mods, at least not until we're gold and done touching the game in any regard.

Comment

Forgive my laziness and not searching but is there is a goal time that you would like to see Gold released?

Comment

Working...
                                X