A18 Streamer Weekend is here!

The Fun Pimp

So much content... @.@

And for those that lamented that TFP doesn't address important issues is the proof they worked their asses off working on the game. Not to brag, but i did mention a couple times that we should be patient and wait for the next release. TFP knows what they are doing and surely we will know soon enough when we play!

Can't wait to play A18!

Alpha 18 Streamer Weekend is here. For more information on times and release notes read on.

https://7daystodie.com/a18-streamer-weekend/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29228[/ATTACH]

Вот мне чертовски интересно, ключи раздали по принципу у кого больше подписчиков тому и дали? Например стример с ником Knock-Knock вообще мало что знает о данной игре. А взять меня, так у меня 90% видео и стримов по игре 7 Days to Die. Наиграно 3420 часов. Да канал небольшой, только приближается к 1к подписчиков, но основная аудитория то как раз с игры и ключик могли бы и дать я считаю. Льстить и выпрашивать не стану, дадите - хорошо, не дадите - удачи вам!

Well, I’m damn interested, the keys were distributed according to the principle who has the most subscribers and they gave them? For example, a streamer with the nickname Knock-Knock knows very little about this game. And take me, so I have 90% of the videos and streams for the game 7 Days to Die. Played 3420 hours. Yes, the channel is small, only approaching 1k subscribers, but the main audience is just from the game and the key could give, I think. I will not flatter and beg, give - well, do not give - good luck!

Well, I’m damn interested, the keys were distributed according to the principle who has the most subscribers and they gave them? For example, a streamer with the nickname Knock-Knock knows very little about this game. And take me, so I have 90% of the videos and streams for the game 7 Days to Die. Played 3420 hours. Yes, the channel is small, only approaching 1k subscribers, but the main audience is just from the game and the key could give, I think. I will not flatter and beg, give - well, do not give - good luck!

The streamer weekend is advertisement, promotion. To get new player interested. That knock-knock guy sounds like just the right streamer to reach players who haven't heard about 7D2D yet.

The streamer weekend is NOT a reward event. If it were a reward event you surely would have gotten a key.

I still don't see why the paying early access customers can't get access to this build now. It would not hurt any advertising or possible future sales. Experimental builds are exactly as advertised. The excuse that the fun pimps want to polish before experimental is released is a really silly reason.

Anyway. I won't be watching any of the streams as I don't really want to ruin playing Alpha 18 for the first time. This feels like some one telling you the plot of a movie in fine detail when you haven't seen it yet. It feels quite rude.

I still don't see why the paying early access customers can't get access to this build now. It would not hurt any advertising or possible future sales. Experimental builds are exactly as advertised. The excuse that the fun pimps want to polish before experimental is released is a really silly reason.

Anyway. I won't be watching any of the streams as I don't really want to ruin playing Alpha 18 for the first time. This feels like some one telling you the plot of a movie in fine detail when you haven't seen it yet. It feels quite rude.

The reason for the streamer weekend being exclusive to the streamers is that it is virtual payment for the streamers service: They get more visitors when they can show exclusive content (which is more advertisement money for them and more potential subscribers). They get also more visitors because some (not all) of the people who would be playing A18 will watch a stream instead.

That streamers like to show exclusive content is proven by how many streamers want to participate. That some players will watch streams instead is also proven by statements here on the forum, how many is anyones guess though

The other reason is that TFP was never going to release it on Friday to the public. So the options are: 1) everyone gets it on Monday or 2) streamers get it Friday and everyone else gets it Monday. As Meganoth explained it is to both TFP’s and the streamers’ benefit that streamers get it on Friday.

As a software developer, I learned decades ago to never push updates on Fridays, or late in the day. You want to push an update? That is what Monday mornings are for.

Only the young kids fresh out of school think it's OK to push a release ten minutes before quitting time. That never ends well...especially if I'm the one that has to stay late to fix their mess....

These patch notes look great! Cant wait to get back into the game... My biggest fear now is that in all those notes there was but a meager 3 sentences on on RWG. All I want for Christmas (yes, Christmas is October 7th this year!!) is for a good random gen map to live in for the next year.

Thanks for the update TFP, looking forward to what looks like a great update

Cheers,

Deme

These patch notes look great! Cant wait to get back into the game... My biggest fear now is that in all those notes there was but a meager 3 sentences on on RWG. All I want for Christmas (yes, Christmas is October 7th this year!!) is for a good random gen map to live in for the next year.

Thanks for the update TFP, looking forward to what looks like a great update

Cheers,

Deme

All I want for Christmas is a nice 20K RWG - like we used to have several Alphas ago. 10K from hub city to radiation zone, all the real estate you could ever want :)

Diamond blade tip modification that doubles tool durability that can be crafted when reading one of the

one of the WHATSSSS?????

Zombies when damaged have a chance based on difficulty to get a move speed boost for 410 seconds

7 minute speed boost why so much?

Wolf type AI will RunawayWhenHurt 40% of time when below 10%40% health

is it 10% or 40%

AI SetNearestEntityAsTarget investigate time to 3060 second range

thats quite the range

Kinda worried after reading the patch notes. I was hoping they were going to change zombies back to the way they were instead of keeping these new super smart architect zombie AI that was introduced in A17. I read multiple times that they were just testing that AI for the bandits that will eventually come into the game so I was hoping they would be done testing that and change things back with the new alpha but nothing has been listed really about zombie AI. That was one of the things I hated the most about A17 and would like the old zombies back. Or at least give us the option to toggle the zombie AI so that people who like the super smart zombies can keep them. I hope the same option could be given for bandits too when they eventually come because I'd prefer a strictly zombie game.

Everything else seems good though.

Archived