Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by meganoth View Post
    Maybe try buried treasure quests (even better with a point in daring adventurer). Quest reward often is (herbal) antibiotics.
    Hmm interesting. Sadly the only trader I know about, from the starter quest, is like 2km into the wasteland and I haven't been able to make it there alive yet :/ Really doesn't help!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Junuxx View Post
      Day 9, feeling more sick again.

      The single dose of antibiotics I found after scavenging through an entire hospital building has stopped working.

      I guess I'll go back to zigzagging through the forest looking for tree stumps with honey.
      Hospitals and newer versions of Pop'n'Pills shops are less likely to have any antibiotics, in my experience, than the average home's bathroom. The original Pop'n'Pills, if you can find one, will probably net you 2-3. Airdrops and buried treasure quests have a good chance of getting you antibiotic-type items, also. If you absolutely must go stump-grinding, as I did in my most recent single player game, the snow biome has more stumps than the greenlands or burnt biomes.

      Choosing to not do quests (last couple game starts were very quest-heavy) I got up into the 30%-ish infection by day 4 (120 minute day cycle) and didn't find any after 3 small towns' worth of targeted high value / low time PoI dashing so I put the best cold gear I had found on and spent most of a night and day hunting stumps. After maybe 5 honey and the one true antibiotic I had found I finally got back to healthiness. At least the first week was exciting!

      Comment


        Starting Quest ... gives trader location !!!

        but if i already found trader and talk to him, it will show the same trader i found by my self

        Grass at trader have no price shown.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
          TBH

          i dont think military Armor looks very, well ARMORED!

          the vest , helmet and boots are OK but the Legs look kinda weak and the Gloves! how does that protect you

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]31211[/ATTACH]
          if it kinda looked like this then yes i think it would protect you
          In real life gloves are just gloves and offer no real protection. I mean do not get me wrong, every soldier has a pair of gloves because it is a must in the military, ever handle concertina wire with bare hands? Thats not going to be a pretty sight lol. In the U.S Army, this is assuming AR 670-1 has not changed, soldiers are permitted to wear there own gloves in uniform so long as it is solid black with no logos. In the end, gloves offer basic hand protection physically as well as protection from the elements/nature. I do not really see any issues with the gloves in this game.

          Comment


            Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
            In real life gloves are just gloves and offer no real protection. I mean do not get me wrong, every soldier has a pair of gloves because it is a must in the military, ever handle concertina wire with bare hands? Thats not going to be a pretty sight lol. In the U.S Army, this is assuming AR 670-1 has not changed, soldiers are permitted to wear there own gloves in uniform so long as it is solid black with no logos. In the end, gloves offer basic hand protection physically as well as protection from the elements/nature. I do not really see any issues with the gloves in this game.
            my problem is that they give protection.

            if Gloves were just a Term for Arm armor like Wrist guards , Elbow pads , Shoulder pads and gloves for Climbing and grip. then thats Ok

            but its just gloves and it makes no sense that it protects you. im fine about the way they look but they just need a bit more protection.

            as a side note the reason i drew it like that is just "in my Head cannon" the Military in 7DTD had to modify their armor with wrist guards due to the fact that zombies like to go there and so they can hold them back.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
              my problem is that they give protection.

              if Gloves were just a Term for Arm armor like Wrist guards , Elbow pads , Shoulder pads and gloves for Climbing and grip. then thats Ok

              but its just gloves and it makes no sense that it protects you. im fine about the way they look but they just need a bit more protection.

              as a side note the reason i drew it like that is just "in my Head cannon" the Military in 7DTD had to modify their armor with wrist guards due to the fact that zombies like to go there and so they can hold them back.
              Ohhhhh.... lol sorry just woke up. I thought you were advocating for gloves to have no armor protection.

              Comment


                Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
                Ohhhhh.... lol sorry just woke up. I thought you were advocating for gloves to have no armor protection.
                its cool lol


                and plus how cool would it be if the Zombie soldiers looked like this
                WIN_20200124_08_50_18_Pro.jpg

                now that would look kinda scary if this Armored zombie was coming at you!

                but just think if joel drew something like this but better and this is what it would look like but better!
                Last edited by Adam the Waster; 4 weeks ago.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ArNaLdInHo View Post
                  Starting Quest ... gives trader location !!!

                  but if i already found trader and talk to him, it will show the same trader i found by my self

                  Grass at trader have no price shown.
                  The trader quest always shows the nearest trader. If you find the trader first then you should travel 2-3 km away before starting the trader quest to hopefully be nearer a new trader.

                  Comment


                    i think it would be cool if with the spear if you hold R, you would be able to Change the way to attack with it.

                    Pike (Allows you Jab normally but the Power attack allows you to do a Heavy Jab like the Shovel and it does 2xs damage)

                    Spear (Allows you to jab and throw does more damage around 3x's)

                    that so the spear can work for many roles. and plus it sucks when you lose your spear due to a Hill eating it.

                    And if any more throwing weapons get added "like a Tomahawk" you can do the same.


                    and for other weapons will allow to have a Special attack

                    Like Brawling = Uppercut

                    Hammer = Ground pound

                    Blades = a Heavy Stab/Charge to go through armor

                    Axes = A windmill move (you spin in a circle)

                    Club = A Very Nice Baseball swing

                    and with a bow and wooden bow it can allow you to fire 3 arrows, (Non special arrows like fire or explosive) but not the compound bow due to how hard it is to do so.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                      its cool lol


                      and plus how cool would it be if the Zombie soldiers looked like this
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31226[/ATTACH]

                      now that would look kinda scary if this Armored zombie was coming at you!

                      but just think if joel drew something like this but better and this is what it would look like but better!
                      More or less armor/pads may or may not look better imo. Most people probably wouldnt appreciate the differences as the current zombie soldier already looks pretty menancing too me.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                        More or less armor/pads may or may not look better imo. Most people probably wouldnt appreciate the differences as the current zombie soldier already looks pretty menancing too me.
                        it gose with the armor i drew up on how it should look for both player and zombie.


                        cuz it kinda looks unarmoured. The chest is ok but i would go for just a genetic vest, the Helmet is ok and the boots are ok too. but the legs don't protect your junk area and no knee pads. then the gloves.


                        gloves for stuff like Leather armor is a General statement for Arm armor. but the army gloves is just. GLOVES!

                        it would be fine if they just kept you warm but they add protection, and it makes no sense. if there were shoulder and elbow pads and a wrist guard, then yes i would understand how it can protect you.
                        Last edited by Adam the Waster; 4 weeks ago.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ArNaLdInHo View Post
                          Starting Quest ... gives trader location !!!
                          but if i already found trader and talk to him, it will show the same trader i found by my self
                          Grass at trader have no price shown.
                          It shows THE closest trader...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                            It shows THE closest trader...
                            Are you shocked that the sun rises in the morning too??

                            Comment


                              Regarding animal spawn rates ( deer, rabbit, boar ), I noticed that they seem to spawn a lot more when I decreased the difficulty level from Nomad to Scavenger. Was I just imagining this and just happened to luck out, or is this by design? Just curious. I do know on Nomad in at least 3 different random gen maps, animals were quite scarce. If this is a difficulty = resource abundance issue, no worries. Thanks in advance!

                              Comment


                                Hello,

                                It could be great to have at least the under tree model and texture because it's something we always see and it breaks the immersion of the game.

                                A18-3-2020-01-26-12-31-18.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X